Author Topic: Insane 60 Inches Of Snow Forces National Guard Onto Pennsylvania Streets  (Read 1088 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
A Pennsylvania county was pummeled with 60 inches of snow in two days, breaking records and requiring the national guard to help keep the roads and county residents safe.

Starting on Christmas Eve, a massive snow storm swept through Northern Erie County, Penn., accumulating to over 60 inches of snow by late Tuesday afternoon, according to Cleveland’s National Weather Service (NWS), GoErie.com reports.

Thirty-four inches of snow fell on Christmas Day, marking an all-time record for single-day snowfall in Erie. We’ve never seen such “astronomical snow totals over the last 48 hours,” NWS Cleveland meteorologist, Zach Sefcovic, told GoErie.

Cleveland’s NWS also tweeted about the insane amount of snow, which now totals almost 64 inches.

Read more at: http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/27/insane-60-inches-of-snow-forces-national-guard-onto-pennsylvania-streets/
The Republic is lost.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Insane 60 Inches Of Snow Forces National Guard Onto Pennsylvania Streets
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 03:05:48 am »
I think I have seen some heavy snows before, maybe 2-3 feet in a 24-48 hour period but it is rare. Maybe once I saw that much. I think an average of snow fall for parts of the Northern USA are indeed, around 60 inches. So, they got this in two days.

It happens every so often, I posted a picture once where Indiana had some weird snow that went up all the way to the top of telephone polls. That was their 79 blizzard or something.