Author Topic: North Korea Soldier Who Defected Had Immunity To Anthrax  (Read 756 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
North Korea Soldier Who Defected Had Immunity To Anthrax
« on: December 27, 2017, 01:13:09 pm »
NEWS

North Korea soldier who defected had immunity to anthrax

By Yaron Steinbuch

December 26, 2017 | 2:15pm

A North Korean soldier who defected to the South was found to have antibodies to anthrax — triggering concerns that the rogue regime has weaponized the deadly bacteria, according to reports Tuesday.

The man, who was either exposed to or vaccinated for anthrax, had developed immunity to the deadly disease before defecting, UPI reported, citing local Channel A.

A South Korean intelligence official who spoke on condition of anonymity did not say which of the four soldiers who fled the hermit kingdom this year had the antibodies in his system.

The discovery is causing concern in Seoul because the disease can kill at least 80 percent of those who are exposed to the bacterium in 24 hours — unless antibiotics are taken or vaccination is available.

https://nypost.com/2017/12/26/north-korea-soldier-who-defected-had-immunity-to-anthrax/amp/
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 01:14:23 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

Re: North Korea Soldier Who Defected Had Immunity To Anthrax
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 01:20:35 pm »
From Dec 19th....

North Korea is beginning tests on mounting anthrax onto intercontinental ballistic missiles that would strike the U.S., a report said on Wednesday just two days after the White House’s U.S. National Security Strategy stated Kim Jong Un is pursuing chemical and biological weapons.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/12/20/north-korea-begins-testing-anthrax-onto-icbm-report-says.html

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 01:23:37 pm »
This is chilling ....   **nononono*

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2017, 01:26:02 pm »
Fat boy needs to go.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline edpc

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2017, 01:37:07 pm »
This is particularly concerning, because anthrax is usually associated with horses cattle and sheep. It's not like they have an abundance of livestock in North Korea. Seems to point to a weapons program. It would be interesting to know what type of unit the soldier was in prior to defection.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2017, 02:32:17 pm »
This is particularly concerning, because anthrax is usually associated with horses cattle and sheep. It's not like they have an abundance of livestock in North Korea. Seems to point to a weapons program. It would be interesting to know what type of unit the soldier was in prior to defection.

And, you know the South Koreans are pumping him for every bit of information they can get.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2017, 02:45:51 pm »

They have livestock, not for the peasants but they have plenty of livestock for the powerful.

They also have bio/chem weapons programs.   Have had significant stocks of the nastiest stuff since the mid-80s at least.   They could deliver them via artillery or Scuds but the range was too short.    Now they have the delivery systems to hit the US but are apparently working on the ICBM delivery systems.

Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline edpc

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2017, 02:33:11 am »
North Korean Defectors Show Signs Of Possible Radiation Exposure

At least four North Korean defectors have shown symptoms consistent with radiation exposure, including chromosomal abnormalities, South Korea’s Unification Ministry said Wednesday.

The four defectors were among a group of 30 refugees who agreed to be tested, out of a total of 114 defectors from the region near North Korea’s Punggye-ri nuclear site.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/north-korean-defectors-show-signs-170214489.html