Author Topic: Roger Stone, former Trump adviser, claims Cabinet members are plotting to remove the president  (Read 1862 times)

Offline corbe

Roger Stone, former Trump adviser, claims Cabinet members are plotting to remove the president

By Andrew Blake - The Washington Times - Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Some members of President Trump’s own Cabinet have discussed plans to remove him from the White House, according to Roger Stone, Mr. Trump’s former presidential campaign adviser.

Mr. Stone claimed during a recent interview aired on C-SPAN that he heard that some members of Mr. Trump’s administration have weighed whether they can invoke the 25th Amendment to take him out of office.

“Do you have any evidence that anyone is actively plotting or attempting or laying the groundwork right now inside the Cabinet — inside the administration — to make that removal?” Associated Press reporter Tom LoBianco asked Mr. Stone.

“I have sources, and I work my sources, and yes, I believe there are some who have had this discussion. This is both outside the Cabinet and in. I think it’s the fallback plan for the establishment. That’s why I’m trying to sound the clarion call,” Mr. Stone responded.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/dec/26/roger-stone-former-trump-adviser-claims-cabinet-me/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Oceander

Offline Victoria33

:facepalm2:
@Oceander

As he chose his cabinet, I checked their background, who they were.  Most are millionaires, his rich buddies.  I don't think any of them would want him out, as they would likely be removed, lose their free money coming to them -  Pence would want "his" friends in there.

With Republicans in charge, they would have to band together as they did with Nixon, to bring impeachment charges.  Unless Trump loses his mind so it is obvious, I don't see impeachment happening. 

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Paranoia runs deep in this administration. :silly:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
They might THINK that is what they want,but chances are they aren't going to be happy with the personal results of their actions.

This just might be the trigger needed to set off the Second American Revolution.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline aligncare

They might THINK that is what they want,but chances are they aren't going to be happy with the personal results of their actions.

This just might be the trigger needed to set off the Second American Revolution.

Trumpers are very loyal to Donald Trump.

It would take an awful lot to get me protesting, but any shenanigans like this would be enough to drive me into the streets in a rage. I’m not alone.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Trumpers are very loyal to Donald Trump.

It would take an awful lot to get me protesting, but any shenanigans like this would be enough to drive me into the streets in a rage. I’m not alone.

@aligncare

I am only a semi-Trumper,but I am VERY  loyal to the US Constitution. It ain't about Trump. It's about an out of control police state party trying to overthrow the US constitution and install a Soviet-style state to replace it.

I am far from being the only one that took an oath to defend the country against "all enemies,foreign and DOMESTIC",and I take my oaths seriously.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 11:36:05 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Paranoia runs deep in this administration. :silly:

The guy making the claim isn't part of the administration.

Oceander

The guy making the claim isn't part of the administration.

Not anymore. 

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Not anymore.

Not an official part of the administration but definitely a sycophant and likely on Trump's private payroll.

Oceander

Here’s what I think (I know you don’t care, tough cookies):  some of his cabinet members were discussing the Constitutional requirements that have to be met in order to understand what their roles might be if, for some bizarre reason, Trump actually became incapacitated - the sort of prudent thing that smart cabinet officers should be doing - and now for some stupid reason this idiot is twisting that into a crockpot conspiracy. 

In other words, the subject was discussed, but not in the sense of an actual desire or intent to remove Trump. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Not anymore.

I think he was fired before there was a Trump administration.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Here’s what I think (I know you don’t care, tough cookies):  some of his cabinet members were discussing the Constitutional requirements that have to be met in order to understand what their roles might be if, for some bizarre reason, Trump actually became incapacitated - the sort of prudent thing that smart cabinet officers should be doing - and now for some stupid reason this idiot is twisting that into a crockpot conspiracy. 

In other words, the subject was discussed, but not in the sense of an actual desire or intent to remove Trump.

Sounds right.  Stone seems to have a need to see his name in the paper every so often.

Offline Leto

Stone should go back to doing S&M parties with his wife.
"If the devil can keep you from asking the right question he never has to worry about the answer"

THe Screwtape Letters

Online Right_in_Virginia

:boring:

Apparently any fabrication is now news worthy.   :shrug:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
:boring:

Apparently any fabrication is now news worthy.   :shrug:

@Right_in_Virginia

News is all about selling advertising,and to do that they have to print/air reports that are controversial. IF there are any truths told in the process,it is incidental to selling advertising.

There were and are very good reasons for the old news mantra that states "If it bleeds,it leads".

Or as Don Henley from The Eagles explained it in the song Dirty Laundry..."The bubbleheaded bleach blonde that comes on at five,and tells you about the plane crash with a gleam in her eyes..."

Online Right_in_Virginia

@Right_in_Virginia

News is all about selling advertising,and to do that they have to print/air reports that are controversial. IF there are any truths told in the process,it is incidental to selling advertising.

There were and are very good reasons for the old news mantra that states "If it bleeds,it leads". 

Yes, I know @sneakypete   But two things bother me.  The first is:  the "bleeding" is manufactured by a media puncture wound and the second is:  we seem to give too much credibility to their agenda.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Yes, I know @sneakypete   But two things bother me.  The first is:  the "bleeding" is manufactured by a media puncture wound and the second is:  we seem to give too much credibility to their agenda.

@Right_in_Virginia

Well,you can't blame the press for the ignorance of their subscribers. They ain't kidnapping these people and holding them hostage. The Kardashians,for example,wouldn't be wealthy if it weren't for ignorant fools that admire them. The press didn't create them and probably doesn't even like them.

You can I take personal responsibility for the decisions we make and the things we do,so what is wrong with demanding others do this also?