Author Topic: How to Teach Kids Goal-Setting and Perseverance  (Read 383 times)

rangerrebew

How to Teach Kids Goal-Setting and Perseverance
« on: December 26, 2017, 04:01:46 pm »

How to Teach Kids Goal-Setting and Perseverance
By following four steps, kids can achieve personal success today and in the long term.

By Michele Borba, Contributor |Dec. 26, 2017, at 6:00 a.m.

Last year I was presenting a workshop for parents in my hometown and was surprised to see a particular father in the audience. His kids were clearly successful, always earning well-deserved academic accolades and recognized as hardworking and responsible. So, after my speech I sought him out. “You’ve raised eight extraordinary kids,” I said. “What did you do that might explain why they are so successful?”

The father paused to reflect. “Well, there is one thing I remember doing since my kids were young,” he said. “I’d ask each child, ‘What’s your goal for this month?’ Then we’d talk for a few minutes about how they could attain it. Then I’d ask how they were doing, and if they needed any help. I guess our little talks helped my kids focus on what they wanted to achieve, and usually they were successful.”

https://health.usnews.com/wellness/for-parents/articles/2017-12-26/how-to-teach-kids-goal-setting-and-perseverance