Author Topic: Are carbs killing you? Global study finds death rates higher among carb eaters; scientists say we s  (Read 697 times)

rangerrebew

Are carbs killing you? Global study finds death rates higher among carb eaters; scientists say we should be eating more fats

Sunday, December 24, 2017 by: Rita Winters   

(Natural News) Since the 1970s, we’ve been conditioned to believe that dietary fats cause heart disease and it is what makes us fat. However, it’s eating too many carbohydrates that cause many diseases, as is evident in the obesity and diabetes epidemic of our time. In addition to that, a study published in the peer-reviewed medical journal The Lancet reported that people with high-carbohydrate diets have a higher risk of early mortality.

The findings of the study showed people who regularly included high-carbohydrate foods in their diet had a 28 percent increased risk of dying, as compared to other people who had a balanced diet.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2017-12-24-are-carbs-killing-you-global-study-finds-death-rates-higher-among-carb-eaters-scientists-say-we-should-be-eating-more-fats.html

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
  • Homer no function beer well without
    • Not My Circus
I switched to a pretty much carb free diet a few years back and have regained my health due to that. But I do find the premise a bit amusing. I believe the death rates among both populations are 100% last I checked.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Yes, it really should say "earlier death rates".

Offline Applewood

I'm a diabetic, so I have to mind my carb intake, but I will not try to cut out carbs altogether.  People on extremely low carb diets suffer from nutritional deficiencies, and when they cut out carbs that have vital  nutrients, they become malnourished. 

I think the problem is with junk carbs -- the potato chips, cookies, etc.  They have little to no nutritional value and are also loaded with fat, particularly saturated fa, and of course, excess sugar and saltt.  I can see getting rid of those.  But potatoes, for example, are loaded with B vitamins, among other nutrients.  Those vitamins are necessary for good health and you don't want to cut them out along with the carbs.