Author Topic: Pentagon expects on-time budget for 2019 but Trump’s ‘masterpiece’ will be in 2020  (Read 599 times)

rangerrebew

Pentagon expects on-time budget for 2019 but Trump’s ‘masterpiece’ will be in 2020
By: Aaron Mehta   2 days ago

WASHINGTON – The Pentagon expects to deliver its fiscal year 2019 budget request to the Hill on time, but a much-awaited defense buildup may not happen until fiscal year 2020, the department’s No. 2 said Thursday.

“I expect the budget to come out on time. That’s the plan that we’re on track to perform to, so that’s early February,” Deputy Secretary of Defense Patrick Shanahan told reporters at the Pentagon. “We’re hoping the ’18 budget comes out before the ’19 budget but we’ll see how that plays out.”

https://www.defensenews.com/pentagon/2017/12/22/pentagon-expects-on-time-budget-for-2019-but-trumps-masterpiece-will-be-in-2020/

Offline Major Confusion

• If you don't like my opinion, Byte Me.
Pentagon expects on-time budget for 2019 but Trump’s ‘masterpiece’ will be in 2020
By: Aaron Mehta   2 days ago

WASHINGTON – The Pentagon expects to deliver its fiscal year 2019 budget request to the Hill on time, but a much-awaited defense buildup may not happen until fiscal year 2020, the department’s No. 2 said Thursday.

“I expect the budget to come out on time. That’s the plan that we’re on track to perform to, so that’s early February,” Deputy Secretary of Defense Patrick Shanahan told reporters at the Pentagon. “We’re hoping the ’18 budget comes out before the ’19 budget but we’ll see how that plays out.”

https://www.defensenews.com/pentagon/2017/12/22/pentagon-expects-on-time-budget-for-2019-but-trumps-masterpiece-will-be-in-2020/

DOD can deliver the FY19 budget on time, but the question is, can Congress act on it in time?  Historically the answer is a resounding NO!!! 9999hair out0000
If you don't like my opinion, Byte Me.