Author Topic: As Income Rises, Women Get Slimmer -- But Not Men  (Read 653 times)

rangerrebew

As Income Rises, Women Get Slimmer -- But Not Men
« on: December 24, 2017, 03:03:00 pm »
As Income Rises, Women Get Slimmer -- But Not Men

By E.J. Mundell
Thursday, December 21, 2017

THURSDAY, Dec. 21, 2017 (HealthDay News) -- A comprehensive survey on the widening American waistline finds that as paychecks get bigger, women's average weight tends to drop.

But men aren't following suit.

Based on 2014 data, "obesity prevalence was lower in the highest income group among women, but this was not the case among men," according to a team from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

https://medlineplus.gov/news/fullstory_170580.html

Offline andy58-in-nh

Re: As Income Rises, Women Get Slimmer -- But Not Men
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 03:13:19 pm »
Apparently, the women in my office didn't get the memo.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 04:28:18 pm »
Well, the men can now afford more beer and Cheetos.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 04:34:16 pm »
Well, the men can now afford more beer and Cheetos.

And the women can afford designer clothes that they have to fit in to.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2017, 05:00:21 pm »
As I go in stores in Texas, the majority of the women are "fat" and I mean fat, as in obese; I wonder how long their hearts can support all that fat.  I see it as life threatening.  I also wonder what they are eating and how much of it they are eating.  My guess is it is starches, white potatoes/white pasta, white flour tortillas, etc., which turn into sugar quickly, plus eating fatty meats as they are cheaper than lean meats.  As food gets more expensive, women get fatter eating cheaper foods as those above.

In general, men are more active than women, so they burn more of the calories of the same food.  Here, I see slimmer men with fat women most of the time.