Author Topic: Why pro football has become so hard to watch  (Read 736 times)

Online mountaineer

Why pro football has become so hard to watch
« on: December 23, 2017, 03:42:20 pm »
Why pro football has become so hard to watch
Jay Cost
Dec. 22, 2017
 New York Post
Ever since I was a kid growing up in the 1980s, professional football was my sport. I liked baseball, and thought hockey was OK, but the NFL was the main attraction.

A lot of this had to do with growing up in Pittsburgh, and watching tapes of the storied Steelers franchise from the 1970s. Witnessing Lynn Swann make that amazing catch in Super Bowl X, again and again in slow motion, I was hooked for life.

Or so I thought. As much as it pains me to say it, I’m drifting away from football. The NFL is sapping all the joy out of it.  ...
This is not about national anthem protests. He's talking about officiating and injuries.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline berdie

Re: Why pro football has become so hard to watch
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 03:09:09 am »
This is not about national anthem protests. He's talking about officiating and injuries.

Well, @mountaineer , I quit watching football for about 10 years a while back. I started again when Parcells became the coach for the Cboys. I really wanted to see how he would do with JJ.

I have turned it off again, even though I like Dak and hope he does well.

The officiating is ridiculous and the players are not trained to take a hit. I think that with the brain damage scandal more parents will not let their kids play...so the game will take another hit.

Let's face it...most of these players are thugs...and the kneeling extravaganza is the icing on the cake. Why waste my time?

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 03:11:58 am »
Way too many teams.      Watered-down rosters.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 03:34:33 am »
No further interest, for those ingrates. As they say "we gave at the office," meaning my family.

Samuel Patterson Starrett, soon after emigrating from New Brunswick enlisted in Wisconsin and was blinded and held prisoner by the South.

His family was anti-slavery and religious.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln