Author Topic: Reluctant Trump Voter Apologizes to the President  (Read 3051 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Reluctant Trump Voter Apologizes to the President
« on: December 22, 2017, 11:51:27 pm »
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2017/12/22/reluctant-trump-voter-apologizes-to-the-president/

Reluctant Trump Voter Apologizes to the President

excerpt:

RUSH: What were you holding your nose about 13 months ago? What’s changed?

CALLER: I don’t think anything has changed. I’d like to talk about the future and not where I stood in the past, really. He has exceeded my expectation in every way possible. If you take just this tax bill, for example, it’s not —

RUSH: Yeah, I understand. So what were you afraid of? You said you were holding your nose. What were you holding your nose about? Trump’s personality? His tweets? What was it?

CALLER: Well, I was afraid that he was a New York Democrat running as a Republican.

RUSH: Oh!

CALLER: I thought things might be different, but —

RUSH: Oh, I get —

CALLER: Mr. Limbaugh, you told me that I was wrong, and I’ve learned that you can only tell me exactly what’s gonna happen and the rest is on me. That was my fault. I’m sorry.

RUSH: Well, apology accepted. But I’m not aware of anything you need to apologize to us for. But we’ll happy accept it.

CALLER: I’m apologizing to Mr. Trump and saying that I could have been better in the past and I will be in the future. Let’s all get to the Trump Train ’cause it is rolling.

RUSH: Well, I’ll pass that on to him next to I see him.

CALLER: Very good!

RUSH: Let me ask you: Do you consider yourself a Republican, a conservative, a populist? What do you consider yourself to be?

CALLER: A conservative.

RUSH: Okay, and that’s why you were concerned.

CALLER: Conservative.

RUSH: You thought Trump was a wolf in sheep’s clothing, New York Democrat, which would essentially make him a liberal?

CALLER: Yes. Yep.

RUSH: And you couple that with the New York social values that you thought he represented and it was kind of hard for you to sign on to it?

CALLER: Yes, that’s true, absolutely. But again, you know, I’d like to talk about where I am now, not where I was.

RUSH: Yeah, yeah.

CALLER: Because it’s a much better place here and I look forward to more.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

Re: Reluctant Trump Voter Apologizes to the President
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 11:53:03 pm »

Isn't it wonderful that there are some 'Conservatives' that realize the error of their way?

:laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 11:58:19 pm »

Isn't it wonderful that there are some 'Conservatives' that realize the error of their way?

Could it be that those folks have some solid evidence to go on now that they didn't have then? 

Why do you insist on tweeking the noses of those who are moving your way?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2017, 12:02:27 am »

It was not an 'error' to be skeptical of Trump prior to 2017. There was absolutely nothing about his past that gave a reliable indication of which way he would go.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2017, 12:02:41 am »

You just learning to be an azzhole or has it been your lifelong endeavor? I see no reason why you had to intentionally start a street fight here when most posters are getting along because of the holiday.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2017, 12:05:08 am »
Could it be that those folks have some solid evidence to go on now that they didn't have then? 

Why do you insist on tweeking the noses of those who are moving your way?

I'm not.....but there are a couple of members here that are......to quote Rush Limbaugh...."WORTHLESS".

And YOU know who they are, my friend.

Merry Christmas  :laugh:

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2017, 12:07:25 am »
You just learning to be an azzhole or has it been your lifelong endeavor? I see no reason why you had to intentionally start a street fight here when most posters are getting along because of the holiday.

Now I'm absolutely convinced it was no oversight why this particular segment of his show was not posted today.

One locked yesterday.....and again, here we are.

No street fight, Frank.   Practice some self-control and just don't click on it....why don't you?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2017, 12:20:44 am »
I'm not.....but there are a couple of members here that are......to quote Rush Limbaugh...."WORTHLESS".

And YOU know who they are, my friend.

Merry Christmas  :laugh:

Like hell you're not!   

I know one who trys my patience above all others and you are him!   :tree3:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline endicom

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2017, 12:23:43 am »
...most posters are getting along because of the holiday.

I've been aware of the holiday but missed the getting along stuff.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2017, 12:59:43 am »
Now I'm absolutely convinced it was no oversight why this particular segment of his show was not posted today.

One locked yesterday.....and again, here we are.

To be fair, DCP, I don't think as many segments get posted lately because they hadn't been getting a lot of traffic, hanging out in the "Radio Shows" sub-category...

I have also noticed it's been picking up again.  There's nothing stopping other folks from posting the segments.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2017, 02:09:22 am »
CALLER: I’m apologizing to Mr. Trump and saying that I could have been better in the past and I will be in the future. Let’s all get to the Trump Train ’cause it is rolling.

What a puss.  This is the type of man whose girlfriend gets mad at him for being late to pick her up because he was mugged and he apologizes to her for it.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2017, 02:29:55 am »
What a puss.  This is the type of man whose girlfriend gets mad at him for being late to pick her up because he was mugged and he apologizes to her for it.

:silly:

(Laughing because that's true)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2017, 02:34:06 am »

That and what kind of American apologizes to politicians?! It's the other way around, folks!
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2017, 04:05:21 am »
To be fair, DCP, I don't think as many segments get posted lately because they hadn't been getting a lot of traffic, hanging out in the "Radio Shows" sub-category...

I have also noticed it's been picking up again.  There's nothing stopping other folks from posting the segments.

You know...., the fact it's in a SUB-category, that requires multiple clicks to reach..., and can't even show up in the list of latest posts on the main page here, makes all this bullshit complaining, ludicrous.

One YEAR as POTUS....another 1-1/2 YEARS as the Candidate/Nominee, I've witnessed certain members post every GD negative hit piece on President Trump that they could find.    Yeah...you're right.   Nobody is stopping anybody else from posting RUSH threads.

So.... who needs an effing "Safe Space" now???

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2017, 04:14:16 am »
@Cyber Liberty You've been here a long time.  Did Rush used to get posted in some different area than it is now?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2017, 04:16:21 am »
Pretty sure it's always been in "Radio Shows," but the cats have moved around a bit over the years, so I'll ask the expert who posts them:  @mystery-ak

:tree3:
I will NOT comply.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2017, 04:20:03 am »
Pretty sure it's always been in "Radio Shows," but the cats have moved around a bit over the years, so I'll ask the expert who posts them:  @mystery-ak

:tree3:

Used to be "in charge" of the Rush threads.   They were in ENTERTAINMENT.

Not until the 'Home Stretch" of the campaign, were they thrown into a sub-category.

@Cyber Liberty
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 04:20:53 am by DCPatriot »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2017, 04:22:17 am »
You know...., the fact it's in a SUB-category, that requires multiple clicks to reach..., and can't even show up in the list of latest posts on the main page here, makes all this bullshit complaining, ludicrous.

One YEAR as POTUS....another 1-1/2 YEARS as the Candidate/Nominee, I've witnessed certain members post every GD negative hit piece on President Trump that they could find.    Yeah...you're right.   Nobody is stopping anybody else from posting RUSH threads.

So.... who needs an effing "Safe Space" now???

I don't know what you're talking about.  I found this thread easily enough.  Of course, I'd drive out of my way to catch one of your posts, you always have good stuff.
I will NOT comply.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2017, 04:22:53 am »

Not until the 'Home Stretch" of the campaign, were they thrown into a sub-category.

@Cyber Liberty

That definitely sounds like a plot to censor you.  I would absolutely talk to management about it.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2017, 04:27:34 am »

@Cyber Liberty

I'm not going to argue the point, because I remember there was a major change in the way the categories were organized after we moved from the Nomination phase to the General Election phase last year.  It's possible what was once a Major Cat became a sub Cat.  During the primaries there must have been a half-dozen (or more) "Caucus Categories" that were dissolved.  I don't know if the Category with Rush's articles were moved to a Sub Category.
I will NOT comply.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2017, 04:59:01 pm »

@Frank Cannon , you should feel totally ridiculous now after seeing the multitude of threads posted today that essentially ask the same question regarding those who neglected to vote for him.      22222frying pan
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 05:00:02 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2017, 05:03:13 pm »

@Frank Cannon , you should feel totally ridiculous now after seeing the multitude of threads posted today that essentially ask the same question regarding those who neglected to vote for him.      22222frying pan

Wait, I thought it wasn't about not voting for him?

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2017, 05:07:04 pm »

I'm not going to argue the point, because I remember there was a major change in the way the categories were organized after we moved from the Nomination phase to the General Election phase last year. 

It's possible what was once a Major Cat became a sub Cat.  During the primaries there must have been a half-dozen (or more) "Caucus Categories" that were dissolved. 

I don't know if the Category with Rush's articles were moved to a Sub Category.

GEEZUS.......I just told you they were.    :shrug:

:laugh:    :tree3:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2017, 05:15:37 pm »
GEEZUS.......I just told you they were.    :shrug:

:laugh:    :tree3:

I've since gone to the Wayback Machine and looked it up because I was curious.  It was about May last year, when Cats were being realigned after Trump wrapped up the Primaries.  "Radio Shows" did become a sub-Category of Sports/Entertainment.  I think maybe that should be reevaulated.

I really don't believe there was malicious intent in trying to silence Rush Limbaugh.  If  there was, why would @mystery-ak have kept posting his stuff every day for months and months?

Merry Christmas, old friend!   :tree3:
I will NOT comply.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2017, 05:19:58 pm »
I've since gone to the Wayback Machine and looked it up because I was curious.  It was about May last year, when Cats were being realigned after Trump wrapped up the Primaries.  "Radio Shows" did become a sub-Category of Sports/Entertainment.  I think maybe that should be reevaulated.

I really don't believe there was malicious intent in trying to silence Rush Limbaugh.  If  there was, why would @mystery-ak have kept posting his stuff every day for months and months?

Merry Christmas, old friend!   :tree3:
@Cyber Liberty
Deny it all you want, but this is clearly an attempt to censor not only Rush, but all Trump supporters and I think @DCPatriot should aggressively petition management to get the category moved to his satisfaction.