Author Topic: Link/Url Extracting Help  (Read 706 times)

Offline mrclose

Link/Url Extracting Help
« on: December 20, 2017, 10:22:52 pm »

I don't know if anyone here knows about this site, sitehoover but I guess that my question would apply to other 'bookmarking' type sites?

This is set as my home page on all of my browsers and for good reason.
(Every forum and every site that I regularly use is on here and accessible with one click)

Out of every bookmarking site I have ever used .. this is the best!

My question is: Is there a tool or app that can extract every link on this page?

Those 'images' are one click links and even though you can only see a few of them in my screenshot there are more than 60 on the page.

Also, over there on the right (column) are even more bookmarks!

For instance, if you click on one of the 'headings', on the right side like Image Tools, a column of around 40 links open to pages containing sites like photo hosting or Image Editors.

There are literally "hundreds" of links in total under all of those headings!

I have tried Link Extractors and Web Page URL Extractors as well as Web Page Analyzers but none have been able to extract any links at all!?

The reason I want to get the links is because when it (the site) goes down (2 or 3 times in five years) it is a pain to remember sites/tool links that I want to go to.
(I'd like to make a list of the links and save them to a folder)

If I were to try and click on and copy all of the links on the page ... It would take years! 8888crybaby

Hopefully, I haven't confused everyone with this post?

If you have never used SiteHoover, I highly recommend it!

When you are on a site and want to save it, a button on your toolbar save to sitehoover creates an image and link to the site.

You can either save it on the main page or select one of the column headers (right-hand side) to save it under.

Thanks Everyone!
(You have tons of patience to get through this)

"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Re: Link/Url Extracting Help
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 11:09:11 pm »
You could try to right click and "Save page as" (html), then point your browser at the file you save.  It should look and act pretty much as sitehoover does, at least for the one click links.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline mrclose

Re: Link/Url Extracting Help
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 11:38:29 pm »
Interesting!

I'll give it a try.

Thank You!
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self