Author Topic: Rush: Rich Lowry Discovers Trump’s First Year Was a Huge Success  (Read 767 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Rich Lowry Discovers Trump’s First Year Was a Huge Success

Dec 19, 2017

RUSH: Now, yesterday I spent some time on this program recounting the positive accomplishments of Trump administration this year — and it’s the only year and it’s significant — and the resulting boom economically and culturally, immigration, border-wise. I want to do it again today, but using someone else. Rich Lowry, National Review Online: “Trump’s First Year Starting to Look Like a Big Win.”

Now, I’m not typecasting Lowry. I’m just telling you that this comes from a sector of the news media that never thought that was gonna happen, that only somebody like Jeb or Ted Cruz could deliver something like this. But Lowry nails this. “As the year ends, President Donald Trump is compiling a solid record of accomplishment. Much of it is unilateral, dependent on extensive executive actions rolling back President Barack Obama’s regulations, impressive judicial appointments,” as good or better than any conservative president would put forth, “and the successful fight against ISIS,” which was never gonna be won with Obama in charge of it.

“The tax bill is the significant legislative achievement that heretofore had been missing,” and yet here it is. “It’s hard to see,” writes Mr. Lowry, “how a conventional Republican president would have done much better, except if he had managed to get Obamacare repealed, which was always going to be a dicey proposition given the narrow Republican majority in the Senate.” Well, let me just give him a hint: This tax bill repeals the Obamacare individual mandate. That strips the guts out of Obamacare. The mandate requiring you as a matter of law to go out and buy Obamacare insurance is gonna be gone. With that mandate gone, the guts, the bowels and the colon of Obamacare are stripped away.

more
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2017/12/19/rich-lowry-discovers-trumps-first-year-was-a-huge-success/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34