Author Topic: If Congress Doesn’t Act Soon To Save Dreamers, It Might Not Save Them At All  (Read 545 times)

rangerrebew

If Congress Doesn’t Act Soon To Save Dreamers, It Might Not Save Them At All

12/17/2017 08:00 am ET

Immigration reform advocates want legal status for undocumented young people as part of a government spending bill.

WASHINGTON ― Unless Congress acts, nearly 700,000 undocumented immigrants who came to the U.S. as children, and were granted work permits and protections under the Obama administration’s Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, will soon lose their jobs and be at risk of deportation.

Immigration activists want Congress to attach a measure helping DACA recipients stay in the country to a government spending bill that must pass by Dec. 22. There’s one big problem, though: Even though Republican leaders like Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) say they want to help these immigrants, known as Dreamers, they say they don’t want to attach a fix to the spending bill. They’ll take care of the problem later ― they promise.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0b185e53a3098

NOTICE: THE WEBSITE IS NOT WORKING AND i AM TRYING TO FIND ANOTHER SOURCE.
------------
THIS IS A GOOD WEB ADDRESS

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/government-shutdown-dreamers_us_5a2989ece4b0b185e53a3098?section=us_politics
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 04:27:07 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Their salvation is in the country they came from, not this one.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline dfwgator

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Title:
"If Congress Doesn’t Act Soon To Save Dreamers, It Might Not Save Them At All"

This result would be a GOOD thing.
(Didn't have to read any further than the headline...)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com