Author Topic: Trump privately calling Rosenstein a threat to his presidency: report  (Read 614 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump privately calling Rosenstein a threat to his presidency: report
By Mallory Shelbourne - 12/18/17 08:46 AM EST

President Trump has referred to deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, who appointed Robert Mueller as the special counsel for the Russia probe, as “a threat to his presidency,” according to a report in The Washington Post.

The report, published Sunday, said Trump has referred to Rosenstein as “weak” and made fun of the deputy attorney general’s testimony last week in front of the House Judiciary Committee.

The president has also complained about Rosenstein being “a Democrat," although the Justice Department official is actually a Republican, the Post said.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/365406-trump-privately-calling-rosenstein-a-threat-to-his-presidency-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

Re: Trump privately calling Rosenstein a threat to his presidency: report
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 05:19:44 pm »
Ok...for crying out loud fire him already!  Put someone in his place who will destroy Mueller! 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 08:30:59 pm »
Ok...for crying out loud fire him already!  Put someone in his place who will destroy Mueller!

Wonder why he's even hesitating.  He needs to pull the trigger.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 10:34:11 pm »
Well, Trump refused his resignation as US attorney and nominated him to be Deputy AG.

Two United States attorneys survived the firings: Mr. Boente, the top prosecutor for the Eastern District of Virginia, who is serving as acting deputy attorney general, and Rod Rosenstein, the top prosecutor in Baltimore, whom Mr. Trump has nominated to be deputy attorney general.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/03/10/us/politics/us-attorney-justice-department-trump.html?referer=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 10:45:53 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 10:41:29 pm »
No one is good enough for Trump except Trump.  Eventually, people will figure that out, maybe.

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2017, 11:27:53 pm »
Well, Trump refused his resignation as US attorney and nominated him to be Deputy AG.

Two United States attorneys survived the firings: Mr. Boente, the top prosecutor for the Eastern District of Virginia, who is serving as acting deputy attorney general, and Rod Rosenstein, the top prosecutor in Baltimore, whom Mr. Trump has nominated to be deputy attorney general.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/03/10/us/politics/us-attorney-justice-department-trump.html?referer=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/

Actually, Rosenstein served as the AG temporarily.  Then Trump appointed Sessions as his AG and Sessions appointed Rosenstein as his deputy.  To me, the situation wreaks of corruption ... sorry folks, but I question Trump in all of this.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline edpc

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2017, 11:40:39 pm »
Actually, Rosenstein served as the AG temporarily.  Then Trump appointed Sessions as his AG and Sessions appointed Rosenstein as his deputy.  To me, the situation wreaks of corruption ... sorry folks, but I question Trump in all of this.

No - the timeline follows this way:

Yates was asked to be acting AG upon Trump assuming office.  Trump nominated Sessions as AG and Rosenstein as Deputy.  Yates was fired over refusing to enforce the Travel Ban.  Boente was appointed to take her place until Sessions was confirmed.  Boente became acting Deputy until Rosenstein was confirmed.  Sessions recused himself from any Russia investigations, putting Rosenstein in position to appoint Mueller.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 11:50:07 pm by edpc »

Online libertybele

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2017, 12:13:16 am »
No - the timeline follows this way:

Yates was asked to be acting AG upon Trump assuming office.  Trump nominated Sessions as AG and Rosenstein as Deputy.  Yates was fired over refusing to enforce the Travel Ban.  Boente was appointed to take her place until Sessions was confirmed.  Boente became acting Deputy until Rosenstein was confirmed.  Sessions recused himself from any Russia investigations, putting Rosenstein in position to appoint Mueller.

Thank you, I stand corrected and you are absolutely correct; Trump nominated Rosenstein to serve as Deputy Attorney General on January 13, 2017.He was one of the 46 United States Attorneys ordered on March 10, 2017 to resign by Attorney General Jeff Sessions; Trump declined his resignation. Here all this time I've been blaming Sessions ... my bad! Now Trump is saying that he's a threat to his presidency?  He should have looked at Rosenstein's background a little more closely.   

Offline edpc

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2017, 12:19:52 am »
Thank you, I stand corrected and you are absolutely correct; Trump nominated Rosenstein to serve as Deputy Attorney General on January 13, 2017.He was one of the 46 United States Attorneys ordered on March 10, 2017 to resign by Attorney General Jeff Sessions; Trump declined his resignation. Here all this time I've been blaming Sessions ... my bad! Now Trump is saying that he's a threat to his presidency?  He should have looked at Rosenstein's background a little more closely.   

No problem.  It’d be interesting to know who advised him to make the choice.

Online libertybele

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2017, 12:22:13 am »

Yes, I'd love to know that as well.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2017, 12:25:23 am »

Hindsight is 20/20. Frankly, I do not think Trump knew what he was doing a year ago. I don't think anyone grasped the scope of his opposition, either.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2017, 12:47:23 am »

Right, Thanx for the info, as I too thought Rosenstein was  a holdover. Actually he is, an interestin' read.

https://www.theatlantic.com/news/archive/2017/05/rod-rosenstein-trump-sessions/526281/

Interestin' times we live in.  2018 should prove a barnburner politically... wonderful economically.

I can work with that.

Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2017, 12:53:06 am »
No one is good enough for Trump except Trump.  Eventually, people will figure that out, maybe.

So you think Rosenstein is doing a good job, especially since we know now what the FBI and Mueller have been up to for the last year and a half?

Offline edpc

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2017, 12:59:52 am »
So you think Rosenstein is doing a good job, especially since we know now what the FBI and Mueller have been up to for the last year and a half?

Yes, he’s doing an incredible job.  I want you to watch these videos and tell me there’s a better man in this country to keep that binder from being askew.

You can’t!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cShxjlUfmhk

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z2xq04TzBqg

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2017, 04:01:52 am »
Fire Rosenstein.

Ask Jeff Sessions to either UN-recuse himself or... resign.

Bring in Rudy Giulianni, at least for a year to clean house.