Author Topic: Putin phoned Trump to thank him for CIA intel that foiled a planned terrorist attack in Russia, the  (Read 1948 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
kevindavis writes:
"Sorry, we shouldn't be helping them."

If a country that is fighting islamic terrorism provides information in good faith to ANOTHER country also fighting islamic terrorism -- and if that info actually prevents an attack -- what's wrong with that? Don't we have a common enemy here?
(hint: it ain't the Rooskies)

Mr. Trump was right to pass along the info, and Mr. Putin was right to offer thanks for same.

Aside:
If it was the previous administration, they probably would NOT have notified the Russians. Whose side was obama really on?

Offline Applewood

I have no illusions that Russia is our buddy and I don't trust Putin or any of its leaders.  That said -- where there is danger to innocent lives, I believe we all have a duty to put aside the political enmity and do what we can to save them.  Even though Putin is a POS, this is not about him.  And if he would not return the favor -- especially since his warning regarding the Tsarnevs was ignored -- we are supposed to be better than our enemies.  We still have a duty to warn.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Terrorism is a threat to us all, crazies like in ISIS and in many other places, Pakistan, etc. wouldn't think twice about using a nuclear weapon if they had it.

Strange bedfellows as they say.

We teamed up with Josef Stalin against Hitler. Sometimes deals and compromises must be made but this was a no-brainer, sure we should tell them and likewise, they should tell us if they were to discover something.

All of this talk has been about this.

What I'm curious about is how we got this information and they didn't know over there.  Of course, that's probably top secret or confidential.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Kremlin says U.S. tip-off about planned attack 'saved many lives'
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-russia-usa-intelligence-kremlin/kremlin-says-u-s-tip-off-about-planned-attack-saved-many-lives-idUSKBN1EC0ZY

If once our government has acted in a way that can make us feel proud, then good.

Let's also not forget other things the Russian government might be doing, they "might" provide technology to North Korea, most people blame China but I think there is the possibility, Russia is. We simply do not know among other things their government does.

But saving the lives of innocents is always good.

We partnered with the USSR in World War II some but we know after the war, they probably went on to do some bad things. This is just the way, the world is. We had a cold war and probably proxy wars where Russia and China supported the enemy as in Korea and Vietnam.