Author Topic: Putin phoned Trump to thank him for CIA intel that foiled a planned terrorist attack in Russia, the  (Read 1930 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Putin phoned Trump to thank him for CIA intel that foiled a planned terrorist attack in Russia, the Kremlin says

By David Filipov December 17 at 12:23 PM

MOSCOW — Russian President Vladimir Putin on Sunday phoned President Trump to thank him for a tip from the CIA that thwarted a terrorist attack being planned in St. Petersburg, the Kremlin said.

The call was confirmed by White House spokeswoman Sarah Sanders in a tweet.

Putin told Trump that the information provided by the CIA allowed Russian law enforcement agencies to track down and detain a group of suspects that was planning to bomb the centrally located Kazan Cathedral and other crowded parts of Russia’s second-largest city.

more
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/putin-thanks-trump-for-cia-intel-that-foiled-a-planned-terrorist-attack-in-russia-the-kremlin-says/2017/12/17/f4274600-e349-11e7-9ec2-518810e7d44d_story.html?hpid=hp_no-name_no-name%3Apage%2Fbreaking-news-bar&tidr=a_breakingnews&utm_term=.22131c643d7a
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Finally we have some actual collusion between Trump and Putin. Time to start arresting people.

Offline kevindavis007

Why are we helping the Russians?
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

They warned us about the Tsarnaevs.  Not their fault if Obama's people didn't follow through.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 06:46:55 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline kevindavis007

They warned us about the Tsarnaevs.  Not their fault if Obama's people didn't follow through.

Sorry, we shouldn't be helping them. 
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 06:48:32 pm by kevindavis »

Offline edpc

National security matters make strange bedfellows.  Iran was able to acquire arms and F-4 spare parts from Israel during the Iran-Iraq War.  Iran provided post strike reconnaissance on the Osirak reactor for Israel.

Offline jpsb

It has been a long time since I've read a comment that stupid. Of course we should be helping
the Russians defeat our common enemy! How would you like it if Russia learned of a pending
terrorist attack on the USA and kept that info to themselves? These Islamic extremists are
the enemy of all civilized people and all civilized people need to work together to defeat them.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

True.  The Russians listened to our warning --- Obama ignored theirs.

Offline kevindavis007

National security matters make strange bedfellows.  Iran was able to acquire arms and F-4 spare parts from Israel during the Iran-Iraq War.  Iran provided post strike reconnaissance on the Osirak reactor for Israel.

Sorry but Russia is still the #1 enemy in my book.

Offline kevindavis007

It has been a long time since I've read a comment that stupid. Of course we should be helping
the Russians defeat our common enemy! How would you like it if Russia learned of a pending
terrorist attack on the USA and kept that info to themselves? These Islamic extremists are
the enemy of all civilized people and all civilized people need to work together to defeat them.

Russia is working with Iran!!!!!

Offline dfwgator

Because the Russians love their children, too.

Offline dfwgator

Russia is working with Iran!!!!!

And we are allied with the Saudis and Erdogan.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

:thumbsup:

Very well said and just like at the Boston Marathon, whom do these terrorists hit? Regular people, some college girl, a kid like 7 years old and a college police officer were killed by the Tsarnaevs. Of course, we fight terrorists.  I don't like the Russians but I don't dislike them so much that we shouldn't try to stop an attack on innocents.

Offline jpsb

:thumbsup:

Very well said and just like at the Boston Marathon, whom do these terrorists hit? Regular people, some college girl, a kid like 7 years old and a college police officer were killed by the Tsarnaevs. Of course, we fight terrorists.  I don't like the Russians but I don't dislike them so much that we shouldn't try to stop an attack on innocents.

I lost all sympathy for Chechnya after their freedom fighters (terrorists) executed dozens
of school children in Beslen and injured 100's more.

Offline NavyCanDo

Because it's the right thing to do, it's the Christian thing to do. Think what you will about the Russian government, but the  Russian people are not our enemies. And pick any potential Russian target and you are most certain to find many visitors from the west including Americans who would have been included in the body count. The target may have Also have been a school.full of children, and we have seen  that happen before.

A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline edpc

I lost all sympathy for Chechnya after their freedom fighters (terrorists) executed dozens

I lost any hope for goodwill from muslims abroad after we tried to help them in Somalia and Kososvo.  Any thoughts they'd rise up domestically against extremists was quelled by their lack of demonstrations after 9/11 and this CAIR campaign.

Offline TomSea

I would not go that far. The Kremlin installed a Chechen dictator.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramzan_Kadyrov

Some say the Kremlin bombed their own apartment buildings to go to war in Chechnya:

The Russian apartment bombings were a series of explosions that hit four apartment blocks in the Russian cities of Buynaksk, Moscow and Volgodonsk in September 1999, killing 293 and injuring more than 1000 people and spreading a wave of fear across the country. The bombings, together with the Dagestan War, led the country into the Second Chechen War. Putin's handling of the crisis boosted his popularity and helped him attain presidency within a few months.[1][2]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_apartment_bombings
Theory of Russian government involvement
According to David Satter, Yuri Felshtinsky, Alexander Litvinenko, Vladimir Pribylovsky and Boris Kagarlitsky, the bombings were a successful coup d'état coordinated by the Russian state security services to win public support for a new full-scale war in Chechnya and to bring Putin to power.[145][12][13][14][15][16][17][18] Some of them described the bombings as typical "active measures" practised by the KGB in the past. The war in Chechnya boosted Prime Minister and former FSB Director Vladimir Putin's popularity, and brought the pro-war Unity Party to the State Duma and Putin to the presidency within a few months.

But underlying all of this, if an attack was even planned in China and our intelligence knows of it, my opinion is we should tell that government to avert disaster.

Offline TomSea

The only reason possibly we shouldn't notify a foreign government of such an attack might be that our own interests, national interests might be exposed.

Offline TomSea

I lost any hope for goodwill from muslims abroad after we tried to help them in Somalia and Kososvo.  Any thoughts they'd rise up domestically against extremists was quelled by their lack of demonstrations after 9/11 and this CAIR campaign.

Are we rolling out the cold war propaganda? That's what that looks like.

Offline TomSea

The Russian Government probably killed one of their spies and reportedly kills journalists, opposition leaders and might have bombed their own apartment buildings. No, I don't feel sympathy for them, the leaders.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Litvinenko
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 07:42:04 pm by TomSea »

Offline Frank Cannon

Yeah. It would be better if a bunch of kids and women got killed.

Offline edpc

Are we rolling out the cold war propaganda? That's what that looks like.

It has origins in the 70s, but sadly it was part of an effort rolled out by CAIR, in 2011.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxnews.com/us/2011/01/13/cair-says-anti-fbi-poster-misinterpreted.amp.html
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 07:45:59 pm by edpc »

Offline TomSea

This is probably more of the nuts and bolts of the attack which would have occurred yesterday I think from the Moscow Times:
Islamic State Suicide Bombing Foiled in St. Petersburg, FSB Says
Dec 15, 2017 — 17:37

Seven suspected members of Islamic State (IS) were arrested on Friday for preparing a suicide bombing in St. Petersburg for this weekend, the FSB press service announced Friday.

https://themoscowtimes.com/news/islamic-state-terror-plot-foiled-petersburg-fsb-59965

Plus, they were going to attack a church. I don't know if maybe the church was mainly a historic landmark; but a good thing this was thwarted.

Offline edpc

This is probably more of the nuts and bolts of the attack which would have occurred yesterday I think from the Moscow Times:
Plus, they were going to attack a church. I don't know if maybe the church was mainly a historic landmark; but a good thing this was thwarted.

It's a historic landmark and popular tourist site, in St. Petersburg, along with The Hermitage.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Statements & Releases

Readout of President Donald J. Trump’s Call with President Vladimir Putin
  Foreign Policy   
  Issued on: December 17, 2017

President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia called President Donald J. Trump today to thank him for the advanced warning the United States intelligence agencies provided to Russia concerning a major terror plot in Saint Petersburg, Russia. Based on the information the United States provided, Russian authorities were able to capture the terrorists just prior to an attack that could have killed large numbers of people. No Russian lives were lost and the terrorist attackers were caught and are now incarcerated. President Trump appreciated the call and told President Putin that he and the entire United States intelligence community were pleased to have helped save so many lives. President Trump stressed the importance of intelligence cooperation to defeat terrorists wherever they may be. Both leaders agreed that this serves as an example of the positive things that can occur when our countries work together. President Putin extended his thanks and congratulations to Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) Director Mike Pompeo and the CIA. President Trump then called Director Pompeo to congratulate him, his very talented people, and the entire intelligence community on a job well done!

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/readout-president-donald-j-trumps-call-president-vladimir-putin/