Author Topic: Mueller May Have Improperly Obtained Trump Transition Team E-mails  (Read 1606 times)

Offline endicom

Townhall
Timothy Meads
Dec. 16, 2017
According to Axios, special counsel Robert Mueller has confiscated thousands of e-mails and communications from President Donald J. Trump’s transition team, including from notable figures such as Jared Kushner and other high profile aides.

"Trump officials discovered Mueller had the emails when his prosecutors used them as the basis for questions to witnesses, the sources said.
The emails include 12 accounts, one of which contains about 7,000 emails, the sources said.
The accounts include the team's political leadership and the foreign-policy team, the sources said."

More... https://townhall.com/tipsheet/timothymeads/2017/12/16/mueller--has-thousands-of-trump-transition-team-emails-n2423547

Offline RetBobbyMI

Re: Mueller May Have Improperly Obtained Trump Transition Team E-mails
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 12:44:53 am »
The Deep/Dark state just keeps on trucking.  Mueller keeps his welcoming sign on for them.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline endicom

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 12:58:15 am »
The Deep/Dark state just keeps on trucking.  Mueller keeps his welcoming sign on for them.

Team Mueller has been getting a lot of scrutiny. Maybe they will be thinking of wrapping things up and getting out of town.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 02:49:55 am »

Team Mueller has been getting a lot of scrutiny. Maybe they will be thinking of wrapping things up and getting out of town.
That would probably be advisable before more shit piles on him.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 02:34:26 pm »
Trump transition lawyer: Mueller improperly obtained documents in Russia probe
Fox News, Dec 16, 2017, John Roberts, Alex Pappas

Exclusive— A lawyer for the Trump presidential transition team is accusing Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s office of inappropriately obtaining transition documents as part of its Russia probe, including confidential attorney-client communications, privileged communications and thousands of emails without their knowledge.

In a letter obtained by Fox News and sent to House and Senate committees on Saturday, the transition team’s attorney alleges “unlawful conduct” by the career staff at the General Services Administration (GSA) in handing over transition documents to the special counsel’s office.

Kory Langhofer, the counsel to Trump for America (TFA), argues the GSA “did not own or control the records in question” and the release of documents could be a violation of the Fourth Amendment – which protects against unreasonable searches and seizures.

Langhofer wrote in Saturday's letter that the GSA handed over “tens of thousands of emails” to Mueller's probe without "any notice" to the transition.

The attorney said they discovered the “unauthorized disclosures” by the GSA on Dec. 12 and 13 and raised concerns with the special counsel’s office. The Associated Press reported that the GSA turned over a flash drive containing tens of thousands of records on Sept. 1 after receiving requests from Mueller's office in late August.

Those records included emails sent and received by 13 senior Trump transition officials. Among the officials who used transition email accounts was former national security adviser Michael Flynn, who pleaded guilty to a count of making false statements to FBI agents in January and is now cooperating with Mueller's investigation.

“We understand that the special counsel’s office has subsequently made extensive use of the materials it obtained from the GSA, including materials that are susceptible to privilege claims," Langhofer wrote. He added that some of the records obtained by the special counsel’s office from the GSA “have been leaked to the press by unknown persons.”

More: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/16/trump-lawyer-mueller-improperly-obtained-transition-documents-in-russia-probe.html

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2017, 02:36:58 pm »

@endicom

You dream sir!  You dream!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2017, 02:37:33 pm »
If the documents were obtained illegally, isn't anything discovered through the these documents inadmissible and must be discarded by Mueller?

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2017, 02:48:38 pm »
"Trump officials discovered.....

*****rollingeyes*****

Offline Concerned

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2017, 02:49:38 pm »
If the documents were obtained illegally, isn't anything discovered through the these documents inadmissible and must be discarded by Mueller?

Which I’d think would have to be determined by a court rather than by Congress.  It’s curious to me that the transition team sent a letter to Congress rather than taking legal action in response to allegations of illegality.  This is really damning if the Mueller team truly violated the 4th Amendment, but isn’t the proper remedy for allegations of illegality filing a lawsuit in court?  Perhaps they went the Congressional route rather than Judicial route because this is more about politics than legality?   Curious.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2017, 02:55:07 pm »
Trump transition lawyer: Mueller improperly obtained documents in Russia probe
Fox News, Dec 16, 2017, John Roberts, Alex Pappas

Exclusive— A lawyer for the Trump presidential transition team is accusing Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s office of inappropriately obtaining transition documents as part of its Russia probe, including confidential attorney-client communications, privileged communications and thousands of emails without their knowledge.

In a letter obtained by Fox News and sent to House and Senate committees on Saturday, the transition team’s attorney alleges “unlawful conduct” by the career staff at the General Services Administration (GSA) in handing over transition documents to the special counsel’s office.

Kory Langhofer, the counsel to Trump for America (TFA), argues the GSA “did not own or control the records in question” and the release of documents could be a violation of the Fourth Amendment – which protects against unreasonable searches and seizures.

Langhofer wrote in Saturday's letter that the GSA handed over “tens of thousands of emails” to Mueller's probe without "any notice" to the transition.

The attorney said they discovered the “unauthorized disclosures” by the GSA on Dec. 12 and 13 and raised concerns with the special counsel’s office. The Associated Press reported that the GSA turned over a flash drive containing tens of thousands of records on Sept. 1 after receiving requests from Mueller's office in late August.

Those records included emails sent and received by 13 senior Trump transition officials. Among the officials who used transition email accounts was former national security adviser Michael Flynn, who pleaded guilty to a count of making false statements to FBI agents in January and is now cooperating with Mueller's investigation.

“We understand that the special counsel’s office has subsequently made extensive use of the materials it obtained from the GSA, including materials that are susceptible to privilege claims," Langhofer wrote. He added that some of the records obtained by the special counsel’s office from the GSA “have been leaked to the press by unknown persons.”

More: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/16/trump-lawyer-mueller-improperly-obtained-transition-documents-in-russia-probe.html
Two things stand out. One, it seems obviously coincidental that if the docs were “obtained” in August, that was about the time the FBI shitagent was termed by Mueller. Was he involved in this shenanigans too?

Secondly, I didn’t see it in this article and can’t locate the one I read that said a key lawyer in the transfer of the docs was hospitalized and died about the same time. Coincidence? You decide!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2017, 03:01:21 pm »
Two things stand out. One, it seems obviously coincidental that if the docs were “obtained” in August, that was about the time the FBI shitagent was termed by Mueller. Was he involved in this shenanigans too?

Secondly, I didn’t see it in this article and can’t locate the one I read that said a key lawyer in the transfer of the docs was hospitalized and died about the same time. Coincidence? You decide!

@RetBobbyMI

Let's just say I'm not much of a believer in coincidences where this kind of shit is concerned.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2017, 03:05:03 pm »
@RetBobbyMI

Let's just say I'm not much of a believer in coincidences where this kind of shit is concerned.
And that was my point. Anything associated with Hillary, Obama and any of their cronies is within the realm of the probable.

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2017, 03:07:05 pm »
Judge Jeanine Pirro discusses this with President of Judicial Watch (begins at 17:30)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KMnU9eEDbE

! No longer available

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2017, 03:11:32 pm »
Judge Jeanine Pirro discusses this with President of Judicial Watch (begins at 17:30)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KMnU9eEDbE

! No longer available
Watched it last night. She was terrific in her opening, layed out all the fact, just Like a DOJ lawyer SHOULD be doing for a grand jury. But as Rosenstein said with his lame excuse, they’re “waiting” on the DOJ IG. Sessions needs to get off his duff or get out.

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2017, 03:17:38 pm »
Watched it last night. She was terrific in her opening, layed out all the fact, just Like a DOJ lawyer SHOULD be doing for a grand jury. But as Rosenstein said with his lame excuse, they’re “waiting” on the DOJ IG. Sessions needs to get off his duff or get out.

:thumbsup:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2017, 03:33:07 pm »

The whole Russia probe was concocted by Hillary forces and the democrats in congress and within the federal bureaucracy because of their stunning defeat in the election.

From the start there was no underlying impetus for “the crime” and no evidence of any coordination between Trump and Russia, and so the special council team had already been set to deploy their “insurance policy,” and launch a far ranging investigation in what can only be called a bloodless coup d’état: Trump colluded with Russia to win the election (because everyone knows Hillary was set to win without there having been foreign meddling involved).

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2017, 03:41:16 pm »
The whole Russia probe was concocted by Hillary forces and the democrats in congress and within the federal bureaucracy because of their stunning defeat in the election.

From the start there was no underlying impetus for “the crime” and no evidence of any coordination between Trump and Russia, and so the special council team had already been set to deploy their “insurance policy,” and launch a far ranging investigation in what can only be called a bloodless coup d’état: Trump colluded with Russia to win the election (because everyone knows Hillary was set to win without there having been foreign meddling involved).
Even if one could make an argument the what Hillary did wasn’t “gross negligence” there at least be some prosecutions out of this mess.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2017, 06:33:17 pm »
It's gross negligence like a crack in the sidewalk is the grand canyon.

No it was much much much more than gross negligence.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2017, 07:49:50 pm »
It's gross negligence like a crack in the sidewalk is the grand canyon.

No it was much much much more than gross negligence.

:amen: NO doubt about that what-so-ever!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online corbe

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2017, 08:24:19 pm »

No Robert Mueller Did Not "Steal" Emails

by Erick Erickson

9 hrs

The emails may have been obtained without the GSA following proper procedure, but Mueller did nothing improper.

I have to say it is really funny watching the Trump team that celebrated Wikileaks getting John Podesta's emails is now livid that Robert Mueller has gotten his. Regardless of the merits of the Trump team's arguments, Mueller did not "steal" the emails as some are alleging. He requested the emails from the Government Services Administration and the GSA handed them over.

According to Mike Allen , Mueller's team says they either got the permission of the people who transmitted the emails (read: Mike Flynn) or they went through a court process to obtain them. The Trump team says Mueller is using the emails to build questions in order to confirm information or build new leads.

<..snip..>

https://www.themaven.net/theresurgent/erick-erickson/no-robert-mueller-did-not-steal-emails-5KuXUsCwN0i1wfoqZiM7jA
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2017, 12:43:51 am »
No Robert Mueller Did Not "Steal" Emails

by Erick Erickson

9 hrs

The emails may have been obtained without the GSA following proper procedure, but Mueller did nothing improper.

I have to say it is really funny watching the Trump team that celebrated Wikileaks getting John Podesta's emails is now livid that Robert Mueller has gotten his. Regardless of the merits of the Trump team's arguments, Mueller did not "steal" the emails as some are alleging. He requested the emails from the Government Services Administration and the GSA handed them over.

According to Mike Allen , Mueller's team says they either got the permission of the people who transmitted the emails (read: Mike Flynn) or they went through a court process to obtain them. The Trump team says Mueller is using the emails to build questions in order to confirm information or build new leads.

<..snip..>

https://www.themaven.net/theresurgent/erick-erickson/no-robert-mueller-did-not-steal-emails-5KuXUsCwN0i1wfoqZiM7jA
Even if Mueller did nothing wrong to obtain the documents in they that just "showed up" in his lap, I think there is some ethical duty that he should inform the opposing counsel and ensure it wasn't obtained nor used illegally or unethically.  Chain of custody will be very important if they ever decide to use the material in court (an indictment aside).