Author Topic: Mushroom Coffee, Tea and Tinctures: What to Know About This Superfood  (Read 341 times)

rangerrebew

Mushroom Coffee, Tea and Tinctures: What to Know About This Superfood
Some claim the fungi boosts longevity and staves off disease. Where does the science stand?

By Anna Medaris Miller, Staff Writer |Dec. 14, 2017, at 9:34 a.m.

Allison Wilkey kept getting hit when she was down. First her dad died, then her grandma died, then her dog died. Throughout it all, she moved three times. "I just didn't have the proper time to recover" between traumatic events, says Wilkey, a 39-year-old freelance digital marketer in Santa Barbara, California. Her health and energy suffered as a result.

So Wilkey took some predictable steps to take care of herself: She scheduled more downtime, cut back on caffeine and focused on eating healthy foods like bone broth. She also started adding a powder made with cordyceps extract – a type of mushroom promoted as able to provide steady energy – to smoothies and hot drinks. "Separate from enjoying the taste, I found it both stabilizing and calming after consistent use," she says. "Plus, [the powder packets] are easy to use and great for when I'm traveling or on the go with my crazy schedule."

https://health.usnews.com/wellness/food/articles/2017-12-14/mushroom-coffee-tea-and-tinctures-what-to-know-about-this-superfood