Author Topic: Health Buzz: There's No Link Between Rainfall and Joint Pain, Study Says  (Read 411 times)

rangerrebew

Health Buzz: There's No Link Between Rainfall and Joint Pain, Study Says
That's not to say all hope is lost for those clinging to their beliefs.

By David Oliver , Associate Editor, Social Media |Dec. 14, 2017, at 9:00 a.m.

It's a common myth that changes in weather conditions like rainfall and rising humidity exacerbate joint or back pain, especially for those with arthritis. (Getty Images)

You know the feeling: It starts pouring rain, your joints start aching and you think the two are connected. Unfortunately, new research hasn't been able to confirm that there's such a link.

It's a common myth that changes in weather conditions like rainfall and rising levels of humidity exacerbate joint or back pain, especially for those with arthritis. Previous research has only led to mixed results.

https://health.usnews.com/wellness/health-buzz/articles/2017-12-14/theres-no-link-between-rainfall-and-joint-pain-study-says

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Health Buzz: There's No Link Between Rainfall and Joint Pain, Study Says
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 02:00:23 am »
Okay, then I have an extremely overactive imagination because I definitely have an increase in arthritic and joint pain when there are weather changes as does my mother. Good to know we are just imagining it and don't really hurt.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 09:56:40 am »
Ridiculous study.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 10:49:48 am »
They went by  outpatient visits? Who can get an appointment the same day? Who will go to the doctor because their  joints hurt because it is raining (low pressure system, cold, damp)? If you have joint pain, chances are you have what you need to deal with it at home and don't need to see a doctor anyway.

What a crock.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis