Author Topic: Colleagues expect John McCain to return to Capitol Hill soon despite poor health report  (Read 3407 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Colleagues expect John McCain to return to Capitol Hill soon despite poor health report
by Daniel Chaitin | Dec 14, 2017, 6:51 PM

Sen. John McCain was hospitalized again this week as he contends with an aggressive form of brain cancer and is reportedly not looking so healthy, but colleagues are optimistic that he will return to Capitol Hill soon.

The Republican from Arizona had missed votes Monday and Tuesday, and on Wednesday it was revealed he was "receiving treatment at Walter Reed Medical Center for normal side effects of his ongoing cancer therapy," according to a statement from his office.

Sources told CNN that McCain, who is 81 years old and was diagnosed in July with a primary glioblastoma, has been less chatty and not looking as healthy as he once did.

Sen. Lindsey Graham, a close friend of McCain's, said he spoke to McCain's wife, Cindy, on Wednesday for an update, which he indicated bore positive news.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/colleagues-expect-john-mccain-to-return-to-capitol-hill-soon-despite-poor-health-report/article/2643579
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I don't think he has much time left..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline RetBobbyMI

One would have to question his legal mental competence given his condition.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Fantom

Probably not, and I will not voice my opinion on that in this thread.  I will only say he decided to die as a Senator... then he must be there next week for at least two votes.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Online libertybele

I agree.  While there are several stories of optimism this is one of the most deadly and aggressive cancers that there is.  IMHO there is a very strong possibility that he may not make it back into the Senate next week for the tax vote; otherwise President Trump wouldn't have called his wife and there are reports from those in the Senate that he has become increasingly frail.  He's hospitalized right now and the vote is next week.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 02:19:01 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline RetBobbyMI

I agree.  While there are several stories of optimism this is one of the most deadly and aggressive cancers that there is.  IMHO there is a very strong possibility that he may not make it back into the Senate next week for the tax vote; otherwise President Trump wouldn't have called his wife and there are reports from those in the Senate that he has become increasingly frail.  He's hospitalized right now and the vote is next week.
The left is the lowest of low and Schumer is a lowlife slime ball. So if McCain was rolled into the Senate for the vote looking like death warmed over, would Schumer challenge his ability to vote based on legal mental capacity?  It would take 60 votes to overcome his objections.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I sense that McCain -will- return to the Capitol.

... to lie in state.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
I sense that McCain -will- return to the Capitol.

... to lie in state.

Repose his dead carcass in his State House basement Rotunda with a sign for Bill's Mortuary.

Where their Moto is: If you kill 'em, we chill 'em
You stab 'em we slab 'em
You whack 'em we stack 'em
You slash 'em we ash 'em
You burn 'em we urn 'em
You carry 'em we bury 'em
You frag'em, we bag 'em.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 12:57:55 am by WineNot »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Victoria33

News is he won't be there for the tax vote this week.  I doubt he will be back at all.  He is one of God's children and I wish him well here or in heaven.

Oceander

Is he expected to be a yea vote or a nay vote on the tax bill?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Is he expected to be a yea vote or a nay vote on the tax bill?

He's said he supports it, which is meaningless if he's not there.  Meanwhile,, we can now see why Franken is stalling.  The Pubbies are one or two down, and the Rats have a full compliment.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline goodwithagun

I'm generally not one to say, "There outta be a law about . . . ," but in this case it's about our betters elected officials. We need their med records, prescriptions drug usage, and regular drug tests made public.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Oceander

He's said he supports it, which is meaningless if he's not there.  Meanwhile,, we can now see why Franken is stalling.  The Pubbies are one or two down, and the Rats have a full compliment.

Good.  Hopefully he won't vote on it then.  The damned thing deserves to die.

Offline WingNot

Maybe, just for you, they will bury it with him. :smokin:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

You may get your wish.  A no vote is a "No" vote.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Oceander

Maybe, just for you, they will bury it with him. :smokin:

Fine by me.

Offline WingNot

You may get your wish.  A no vote is a "No" vote.

Hmmm.  Like saying "No Comment" is really a comment.

What is that song lyric that relates to this line of reasoning

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Hmmm.  Like saying "No Comment" is really a comment.

What is that song lyric that relates to this line of reasoning

I dunno.  Was it written for the US Senate?
I will NOT comply.

Offline WingNot

I dunno.  Was it written for the US Senate?

It does apply to them!  lol
I remembered it////
 "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..."
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 02:27:26 am by WineNot »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It does apply to them!  lol
I remembered it////
 "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..."

That's some of that 90's shit, isn't it?
I will NOT comply.

Offline Major Confusion

• If you don't like my opinion, Byte Me.
Agreed, and I wish him a full recovery so he can spend the rest of his days however he wishes.

I know there are many different opinions of him, but I believe he's a hero and that he deserves respect for his military service.
If you don't like my opinion, Byte Me.

Offline cato potatoe

Corker is back on board, and they bought off Rubio.  It looks like they have the votes.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Corker is back on board, and they bought off Rubio.  It looks like they have the votes.

Not so fast.  Flake and Collins are holding out.
I will NOT comply.

Offline montanajoe

Agreed, and I wish him a full recovery so he can spend the rest of his days however he wishes.

I know there are many different opinions of him, but I believe he's a hero and that he deserves respect for his military service.

888high58888

Offline WingNot

That's some of that 90's shit, isn't it?

It is all a blur.  Kind of a RUSH.