Author Topic: The two Iowa polls that could spell ruin for Republicans in 2018  (Read 318 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The two Iowa polls that could spell ruin for Republicans in 2018
« on: December 14, 2017, 05:01:31 pm »
The two Iowa polls that could spell ruin for Republicans in 2018
by Philip Wegmann | Dec 14, 2017, 11:29 AM

If Iowa is any indication, Republicans are about to have a terrible, no good, very bad year in 2018.

A new poll by the Des Moines Register shows that 40 percent of Iowans would vote for a Democrat for Congress if the election was held tomorrow. Just 34 percent would pick a Republican. That’s a six-point difference and that’s a problem—particularly for the Republicans who hold three of the state’s four congressional seats.

After winning by not uncomfortable margins in 2016, Iowa Reps. Rod Blum, David Young, and Steve King are staring into an abyss in 2018. They have congressional inactivity to blame to be sure. But it’s not entirely their fault. Despite cozying up to the ethanol industry, Trump continues to lose ground in the corn-growing state.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/the-two-iowa-polls-that-could-spell-ruin-for-republicans-in-2018/article/2643494
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: The two Iowa polls that could spell ruin for Republicans in 2018
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 05:26:31 pm »
Bottom line is the GOP holds it's own destiny in it's hands. If it continues to do nothing, then it will be the minority.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 05:29:12 pm »
Bottom line is the GOP holds it's own destiny in it's hands. If it continues to do nothing, then it will be the minority.

Yeah. I don't see how this is my problem and honestly I don't think I would notice a difference in my life if Pelosi and Schumer were in power.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 11:37:03 pm »
After winning by not uncomfortable margins in 2016, Iowa Reps. Rod Blum, David Young, and Steve King are staring into an abyss in 2018. They have congressional Senatorial inactivity to blame to be sure. But it’s not entirely their fault. Despite cozying up to the ethanol industry, Trump continues to lose ground in the corn-growing state.

As far as I'm concerned, the Representatives have done their job, the President has done his job. We know where the hold up is.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2017, 11:43:09 pm »
Oh I’m sure McConnell is relishing the thought of being in the minority again. All the perks and none of the responsibility.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 01:44:00 am »
"A new poll by the Des Moines Register shows that 40 percent of Iowans would vote for a Democrat for Congress if the election was held tomorrow."

There's nothing unusual or trendy about this.
Roughly 40% of the voting population will ALWAYS vote democrat-communist regardless of the year or who the candidates on the ballot are.

How about some real news?