Author Topic: Face of Ancient Peruvian Queen Revealed for First Time  (Read 489 times)

rangerrebew

Face of Ancient Peruvian Queen Revealed for First Time
« on: December 14, 2017, 03:17:56 pm »
  Queen Revealed for First Time
Centuries after a noblewoman lived and died in Peru, scientists have reconstructed her face in stunning 3-D.
From the Web

By Michael Greshko

PUBLISHED December 13, 2017

Some 1,200 years ago, a wealthy noblewoman, at least 60 years old, was laid to rest in Peru—richly provisioned for eternity with jewelry, flasks, and weaving tools made of gold.

Now, more than five years after her tomb was found untouched outside of the coastal town of Huarmey, scientists have reconstructed what she may have looked like.

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/12/wari-noblewoman-queen-el-castillo-face-reconstruction-archaeology/

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Face of Ancient Peruvian Queen Revealed for First Time
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 03:30:23 pm »

As a genealogist, I am fascinated by what our ancestors might look like.  I am lucky to have found several dozen photos of these back well into the 1800's.  Still there are many where there is not one that exists.

An idea, that may be just a tad too macabre, is I thought of is the possibility that Ground Penetrating Radar might be able to get skeletal (skull) scans like this Queen and Richard III, and reconstruct them for interested family.   Does anyone know whether GPR has advanced to the point to make this feasible?  Disturbing graves OTOH is not an option IMO for any reason.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Face of Ancient Peruvian Queen Revealed for First Time
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 03:57:06 pm »
Image at link.  I'll bet Bill Clinton would be hitting on that within five minutes, like that ancient mummy they found a few years back.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: