Author Topic: Outpatient total knee replacement surgery linked to higher rates of complications  (Read 462 times)

rangerrebew

Outpatient total knee replacement surgery linked to higher rates of complications

December 14, 2017

Some complications are more common when total knee replacement surgery is done as an outpatient or same-day procedure, reports a study in the December 6, 2017 issue of The Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery. The journal is published in partnership with Wolters Kluwer.

Compared to conventional inpatient surgery, patients undergoing outpatient total knee arthroplasty (TKA) experience higher rates of certain complications, including infections, repeat surgery, and blood clots, according to the new research by Armin Arshi, MD, of the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and colleagues.

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20171214/Outpatient-total-knee-replacement-surgery-linked-to-higher-rates-of-complications.aspx

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Darn glad I had mine inpatient, even though I was only in the hospital for one full day after the surgery I feel the time spent with the therapists teaching the exercises before going home was a big plus to recovery.
I'm sooo glad I never saw this!