Author Topic: Harvey Weinstein Is My Monster Too - Salma Hayek  (Read 631 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Harvey Weinstein Is My Monster Too - Salma Hayek
« on: December 14, 2017, 10:50:11 am »
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/12/13/opinion/contributors/salma-hayek-harvey-weinstein.html

Harvey Weinstein Is My Monster Too

By SALMA HAYEK   Dec. 12, 2017

Harvey Weinstein was a passionate cinephile, a risk taker, a patron of talent in film, a loving father and a monster.

For years, he was my monster.

This fall, I was approached by reporters, through different sources, including my dear friend Ashley Judd, to speak about an episode in my life that, although painful, I thought I had made peace with.

I had brainwashed myself into thinking that it was over and that I had survived; I hid from the responsibility to speak out with the excuse that enough people were already involved in shining a light on my monster. I didn’t consider my voice important, nor did I think it would make a difference.

In reality, I was trying to save myself the challenge of explaining several things to my loved ones: Why, when I had casually mentioned that I had been bullied like many others by Harvey, I had excluded a couple of details. And why, for so many years, we have been cordial to a man who hurt me so deeply. I had been proud of my capacity for forgiveness, but the mere fact that I was ashamed to describe the details of what I had forgiven made me wonder if that chapter of my life had really been resolved.

more at link....

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

Re: Harvey Weinstein Is My Monster Too - Salma Hayek
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 10:59:21 am »
Always thought that Salma Hayek was 'The Most Beautiful Woman in the World'. 

Like John Kerry said about being in Cambodia on Christmas Eve....so too, was Salma's car-crash-causing entrance in the movie Desperado.  It's seared into my memory.   

! No longer available
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

Re: Harvey Weinstein Is My Monster Too - Salma Hayek
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 01:27:57 pm »
BTW....photo on Drudge is that of Penelope Cruz....not Salma Hayek.    :cool: