Author Topic: Deputy AG Won’t Say Whether The FBI Paid For Dossier  (Read 699 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Deputy AG Won’t Say Whether The FBI Paid For Dossier
« on: December 14, 2017, 12:46:53 am »
Deputy AG Won’t Say Whether The FBI Paid For Dossier
Daily Caller, Dec 13, 2017, Chuck Ross

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein refused to say on Wednesday whether the FBI paid for the infamous Trump dossier.

Rosenstein, who was grilled by the House Judiciary Committee, suggested that he knew the answer to the question, which was posed by Florida Rep. Ron DeSantis.

“Did the FBI pay for the dossier?” DeSantis asked.

“I’m not in a position to answer that question,” Rosenstein responded.

“Do you know the answer to the question?” the Republican DeSantis followed up.

“I believe I know the answer, but the Intelligence Committee is the appropriate committee…” Rosenstein began.

DeSantis interjected to assert that the Judiciary panel has “every right to the information” about payments for the dossier.

More:  http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/13/deputy-ag-wont-say-whether-the-fbi-paid-for-dossier/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Deputy AG Won’t Say Whether The FBI Paid For Dossier
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 12:47:20 am »
I bet he'd have no problem answering if the answer was "no". 

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 01:39:03 am »
FBI Director Wray did the exact same thing last week when asked by DeSantis. He said he couldn't give anything to the Judicial Committee but could the Intel Committee. DeSantis responded the same way.  Until congress really starts using the power of the purse, nothing will change.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 01:41:06 am »
I bet he'd have no problem answering if the answer was "no".

I'll bet you are exactly right!  A lot in fact!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2017, 01:42:14 pm »
Faced with libel lawsuit, dossier drafter Christopher Steele hedges on linking Trump to Russia
Christopher Steele Wants Trump's Russian Deals Examined
By Rowan Scarborough - The Washington Times - Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Christopher Steele, the former British spy who fueled an ongoing investigation into President Trump’s administration, was a lot more confident of his charges when he wrote his now-notorious 2016 dossier than he is today in defending it in a libel lawsuit.

While Mr. Steele stated matter-of-factly in his dossier that collusion between Mr. Trump and the Russian government took place, he called it only “possible” months later in court filings. While he confidently referred to “trusted” sources inside the Kremlin, in court he referred to the dossier’s “limited intelligence.”

In recent weeks, the dossier of opposition research has taken on added importance in the debate over the FBI and special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into suspected Russia coordination and whether it is biased against Trump people. Congressional Republicans are demanding that the FBI explain how the deeply contested, Democrat-financed document took on such importance in a major government investigation.   ...  More at Washington  Times
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org