Author Topic: In the Pronoun Wars, Be Thankful for the Founding Fathers  (Read 208 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
In the Pronoun Wars, Be Thankful for the Founding Fathers
« on: December 13, 2017, 03:01:56 pm »
Laws designed to crack down on speech, or compel individuals to say things they don’t believe out of punishment, are not simply oppressive—they obscure reality itself and the possibility of debating, and finding, truth.

It is sometimes astounding the kind of foresight the Founding Fathers had in protecting future generations from tyranny.

The current international push to criminalize free speech in the name of various social movements should make us thankful that we have the First Amendment. Most other nations, even in the Western world, don’t have nearly the codified protection of speech that we in America have.

For instance, French President Emmanuel Macron recently called on his country to address the fact that France had no age of consent law (oh, France) and the more common global issue of sexual harassment. These were worthy goals, yet his proposal was a low that would have taken an ax to free speech rights.

Macron suggested his country criminalize gender-based offensive statements.

“Let’s seal a pact of equality between men and women,” he said. “It is essential that shame changes camp. Gender-based insults will be punishable by law. Offenders will face a deterrent fine.”

So if you say that Macron does tyranny like a girl, it seems you may be in hot water with the law.

http://dailysignal.com/2017/12/11/pronoun-wars-thankful-founding-fathers
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."