Author Topic: It's Official: Bitcoin Surpasses "Tulip Mania", Is Now The Biggest Bubble In World History  (Read 1329 times)

Offline thackney

It's Official: Bitcoin Surpasses "Tulip Mania", Is Now The Biggest Bubble In World History
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-12-12/its-official-bitcoin-surpasses-tulip-mania-now-biggest-bubble-world-history

One month ago, a chart from Convoy Investments went viral for showing that among all of the world's most famous asset bubbles, bitcoin was only lagging the infamous 17th century "Tulip Mania."

One month later, the price of bitcoin has exploded even higher, and so it is time to refresh where in the global bubble race bitcoin now stands, and also whether it has finally surpassed "Tulips."

Conveniently, overnight the former Bridgewater analysts Howard Wang and Robert Wu who make up Convoy, released the answer in the form of an updated version of their asset bubble chart. In the new commentary, Wang writes that the Bitcoin prices have again more than doubled since the last update, and "its price has now gone up over 17 times this year, 64 times over the last three years and superseded that of the Dutch Tulip’s climb over the same time frame."...

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Frank Cannon

Well the gold market is so corrupted where the hell else can you park money out of the govt' reach? This is no bubble. This is the market fighting back against govt'.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Looks like I missed an opportunity to make a quick fortune.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Frank Cannon

Looks like I missed an opportunity to make a quick fortune.

Are you kidding me? There is more upside to this after a panic sell off coming off. If that doesn't work, there are other crypto currencies that are way undervalued right now.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Are you kidding me? There is more upside to this after a panic sell off coming off. If that doesn't work, there are other crypto currencies that are way undervalued right now.
Indeed, and it's certainly something I'm considering... just not Bitcoin, right now. Only an idiot invests at the peak of a bubble.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Frank Cannon

Indeed, and it's certainly something I'm considering... just not Bitcoin, right now. Only an idiot invests at the peak of a bubble.

Zerohedge has been trying the pimp the idea that the entire world is in a bubble about to burst for at least 8 years.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Zerohedge has been trying the pimp the idea that the entire world is in a bubble about to burst for at least 8 years.

As long as interest rates remain low, the bubble will continue for some time.
The Republic is lost.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

I wonder what percentage of BTC/crypto owners believe it's a new tech that's going to change the future, and what percentage know it's a bubble and are enjoying the living heck out of the ride up.

I want to check out the futures market in a week or three.  In theory, that sounds like a license to print money.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Idiot

Gonna make a GREAT short at some point....