Author Topic: Charlie Daniels: Could Americans Come Together Again Like We Did to Win WWII?  (Read 649 times)

rangerrebew

Charlie Daniels: Could Americans Come Together Again Like We Did to Win WWII?

December 7, 1941, as we all know was the day the Japanese executed a sneak attack on the United States Naval Base in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii destroying much of the fleet stationed there and severely limiting America’s military presence in the Pacific.

Four days later, on December 11, President Roosevelt and the American Congress declared war on Japan and Hitler’s Germany, and the next four and a half years would see America and its allies engaged with extremely tough and brilliant enemies in two theaters of war half a world away from each other.

Source URL: https://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/charlie-daniels/charlie-daniels-i-wonder-could-america-come-together-again-win-wwii-today

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'd like our chances a whole lot more if the government would stop declaring a war on this and a war on that ("War on poverty!"  "War on drugs!"   "War on gangs!"  "War on global warming!"  Most recently we've declared a "War on opioids").  People in DeeCee have been abusing this concept of "war" to stampede the country into some course of action, and people are war-weary without having actually fought a war.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I'm not sure we could.

There was a LOT of very heavy-handed propaganda back in the 1940s to keep Americans in line. The other part is that back in the 1940s, America had a huge number of vacant factories from the Great Depression that could be reopened for war industry. Now, most war technology is too complex to hand to anyone but defense contractors, and America's mostly gone to a service industry anyway. Even the draft would likely fail since so many are obese, out of shape, and would probably resist anyway.

America's in a very vulnerable situation.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline dfwgator

No.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Could Americans Come Together Again Like We Did to Win WWII?

NO.

We are no longer  the same people they were and we do not share the same values and principles they did.

Goose - cooked.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Diversity and not assimilation, driven by rabid progressive indoctrination over the last 45 years has made the idea ofAmericans Coming Together Like We Did to Win WWII a very unlikely possibility.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 01:58:43 pm by WineNot »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
I think not.  The country is, in my opinion, simply too divided on fundamental beliefs, including beliefs about what the country is, what it can be, and what it should be.  We don't agree on what "American" means other than geographic proximity.

At best perhaps "Americans" could unite temporarily against some common enemy, but that's uncertain in my opinion as well.  And even if "Americans" could accomplish this it would only be for a limited time and limited purpose, as was the alliance between the West and Stalinist Russia.

"One nation, under God, indivisible" is simply not true, in my opinion.
James 1:20

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
I'd like our chances a whole lot more if the government would stop declaring a war on this and a war on that ("War on poverty!"  "War on drugs!"   "War on gangs!"  "War on global warming!"  Most recently we've declared a "War on opioids").  People in DeeCee have been abusing this concept of "war" to stampede the country into some course of action, and people are war-weary without having actually fought a war.
@Cyber Liberty
Be careful---someone's liable to see that and say that what we really need is War on War . . . ;)

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I am not so pessimistic. In WWII we had 16 million serve in uniform. that was ten percent of the population. Many were drafted, and many who enlisted did so since they knew they might be drafted, anyway.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline dfwgator

I am not so pessimistic. In WWII we had 16 million serve in uniform. that was ten percent of the population. Many were drafted, and many who enlisted did so since they knew they might be drafted, anyway.

In an interview with one of the "Band of Brothers" they said one guy committed suicide when told him that he couldn't serve.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Invar observed (correctly) above:
"NO.
We are no longer  the same people they were and we do not share the same values and principles they did."

At the time of World War II, diversity WAS NOT "our strength".
By and large, it didn't exist.
The overwhelming majority of America was white of Western European heritage, with very few Hispanics.
Yes, there was a black population, but it was largely marginalized with little impact on national policy or culture.

No more.

Although whites still hang onto a demographic "majority" they have become almost irreconcilably divided, at least in larger urban areas vis-a-vis "the hinterlands".

Brown-skinned non-English speakers of non-Euro heritage have flooded in, driving out the whites in many areas. Look at California and New Mexico, where whites are now the minority. Even Texas faces a similar situation twenty years' hence. Florida will soon be swamped with Puerto Ricans fleeing their homeland, forever changing the political demographics of that state.

And to make matters worse, after waging a cold war to defeat communism in the Soviet Union -- a struggle in which The West succeeded -- we are LOSING the same battle at home, as our institutions (particularly education) have become infiltrated with communist/leftist thought by an legion of conspirators/fellow travelers.

We have become the house divided.
I don't see that house unifying again without catastrophe or blood.

The saying goes... "borders, language, culture".
To that I would add "ethnicity" as well.

But it's not the fault of the non-Euros who have swamped us.
They behaved as we should expect them to.
The fault.... is ours. No one else's.

We could have protected what we had.
We could have driven out the communists in government, have prevented the leftist takeovers of the media, culture and education, and prevented the invasion by hordes "not like us".
But we didn't, excusing all this in the name of "equality" and "tolerance".
And now, we must pay for our foolishness.

Why is it that only the white/Euros of the world remain so naive about human nature?