Author Topic: Moore in 2011 interview: Scrapping amendments after 10th would 'eliminate many problems'  (Read 1020 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Moore in 2011 interview: Scrapping amendments after 10th would 'eliminate many problems'
By Olivia Beavers - 12/10/17 06:54 PM EST

Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore (R) said in a 2011 interview that removing amendments after the Tenth Amendment would "eliminate many problems" with the U.S. government, CNN's KFile reported on Sunday.

Moore reportedly appeared twice on "Aroostook Watchmen" show, hosted by two men who have a history of peddling widely rejected conspiracy theories about mass shootings, 9/11 and the birthplace of former President Obama, among many others.

In June 2011 one host said he supported getting rid of every amendment besides the first ten amendments.

"That would eliminate many problems," Moore said in response to the host, according to the audio KFile unearthed.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/364203-moore-in-2011-interview-getting-rid-of-every-amendment-after-the-10th-would
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Victoria33

He likely doesn't want women to get the right to vote - oh, wait, we have that.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I read the interview that goes into more detail on the amendments he questioned and why.  I don't think its anywhere near what the headline suggests. 

That said, no person with serious views should appear on these kook shows where wild-eyed paranoia is coin of the realm.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 01:24:48 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
This is all they have left? lol

CNN (original author) does not even bother to post links to the unedited show audio for us to judge for ourselves.

Yawn
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 01:35:57 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline edpc

This is all they have left? lol

CNN (original author) does not even bother to post links to the unedited show audio for us to judge for ourselves.

Yawn

There’s enough in the text to see he was plainly talking about amendments that pertained to what he considered federal government overreach.  Fair enough.  Why he’d even bother engaging in 9/11 nonsense is puzzling.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 01:50:34 am by edpc »

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Fair enough.  Why he’d even bother engaging in 9/11 nonsense is puzzling.

Agreed.. I imagine some small gigs can be pretty strange. Sometimes a brush off answer can move one on to more enjoyable questioning is about all I can figure.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

I've always supported scrapping everything after the first five words of Amendment One.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Moore in 2011 interview: Scrapping amendments after 10th would 'eliminate many problems'

Most of the amendments after the first 10 are disasters.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline kevindavis007

:facepalm2:

Why should I take any candidate serious when they appear on a kook radio show.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline kevindavis007

Also, it is a shame he doesn't respect the Constitution like he claims.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline kevindavis007

I've always supported scrapping everything after the first five words of Amendment One.

What is wrong with it??

The Freedom of Speech?
The Freedom of Religion?
The Freedom of the Press?
The Freedom to Peacefully Assemble?

What is wrong with it??

The Freedom of Speech?
The Freedom of Religion?

I said: 

"I've always supported scrapping everything after the first five words of Amendment One."

Hint: Read the first five words of Amendment One.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Suppressed

What is wrong with it??

The Freedom of Speech?
The Freedom of Religion?

Frankly, if the Constitution is respected, the Bill of Rights is redundant anyway. But I'm not geing to rehash the Federalist/Anti debates.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Frankly, if the Constitution is respected, the Bill of Rights is redundant anyway. But I'm not geing to rehash the Federalist/Anti debates.

Fine, but you're still in the right.

Offline Hoodat

I see what you did there.

Two thumbs up.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
If the Dems had not run out virtually all pro-lifers out of the party and they were running a pro-lifer, it would almost be a shoe-in... that was the analysis on NPR and it's probably correct. This is what their radical stance gets.

Offline edpc

If the Dems had not run out virtually all pro-lifers out of the party and they were running a pro-lifer, it would almost be a shoe-in... that was the analysis on NPR and it's probably correct. This is what their radical stance gets.

They sold themselves out years ago to pass Obamacare anyway.

Offline DiogenesLamp

The anti-Federalists were mostly right.  Virtually every bit of abuse they predicted has come to pass. 

They even predicted the Civil War. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Also, it is a shame he doesn't respect the Constitution like he claims.

It's also a shame you can't read.  Try night school.

He was talking about amendments and many people think he's right.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Moore in 2011 interview: Scrapping amendments after 10th would 'eliminate many problems'"

Right on!
Seems I posted the same comment on this forum not that long ago (though I hadn't heard of Mr. Moore's comments before today).

I wish I could vote for this guy.
Where can we find more like him?

Offline edpc