Author Topic: Survey Sheds Light on ET Beliefs {CtoC--around the world survey 27,000 people}  (Read 2062 times)

Offline Quix

• Times R a changin' Walk with God!
GLOCALITIES ORIGINAL SOURCE:

https://www.glocalities.com/news/majority-of-humanity-say-we-are-not-alone-in-the-universe.html

You can download the full report at the link by filling out a form

. . .

People who believe in the existence of intelligent alien civilizations have a typical values profile:

• They are highly interested in science and have faith in technological progress
  • They are open minded, tolerant, value freedom and have an anti-authoritarian mindset
  • They are holistic thinkers who believe that all things and phenomena are interconnected
  • They believe that our dreams and imaginations create the reality we live in
  • They are interested in politics and plea for political transparency

Martijn Lampert, Research Director Glocalities says:

"People who believe in the existence of intelligent alien civilizations are not a marginal minority, but constitute a large (47%) and distinct segment of unconventional and anti-authoritarian thinkers with a passion for science, technology, culture, politics and the arts. Based on their fascination for science, arts and life in the universe, we characterize them with the term Homo Universalis."

. . .

I believe the Glocalities version has more interesting factoids than the C2C version. I haven't yet downloaded the full report.

COAST TO COAST VERSION:

8 DEC 2017

. . .

Among the eyebrow-raising findings are that 61% of those surveyed believe that there is some kind life on other planets, which starkly contrasts with the meager 17 percent who said that Earth is the proverbial 'only game in town.'

. . .
 Particularly intriguing is a breakdown of nations with regard to the belief in advanced ETs as Russia, Mexico, and China all registered over 60 percent while a mere 28% of people in the Netherlands endorsed the idea.

The United States largely fell in the middle of the pack with 45 percent, indicating that the nation is as divided about this topic as it is most other issues these days.

. . .
Taken together, the survey suggests that those who believe in intelligent aliens are not the marginalized group often depicted in the mainstream media and actually constitute a rather large percentage of the global population.

. . .

I think the short article is well worth reading.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 12:35:20 pm by Quix »
Forgive all; In all things Thank God; Love all. Love 1st, most & always... BE CALM & DO THE NEXT LOVING THING.
POTTERY SITE ON ETSY: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ACTIVELOVE
QUIX thread for Quix GLOBALISM, UFO ETC topics here:http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=206517.new#new WILLIAM TOMPKINS Disclosure bk thread: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,224639.0.html . Calling: To afflict the comfortable & comfort the afflicted[/

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
What is interesting, to me, are stories like this:  http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,294217.msg1537924.html#msg1537924

People looking for an answer outside of themselves. Willing to accept gods and godesses. But unwilling to accept God or Jesus Christ.

@Sanguine  @Cyber Liberty  @roamer_1

What I am saying is there is a huge number of people on this planet who believe in something other than the completely and totally HUMAN experience of the supernatural.

It comes back to the question on another thread about homosexuality. I tie it all together.

I don't really convey what I think very well but here it comes.

I believe in other gods/goddesses. Aliens. Fairies, etc. Demons, Jinn, Spirits, Fallen Angels, and any of the host of descriptive entities.

But I have no faith or following in any of those things.

I also believe all kingship is derived from Satanic belief, @roamer_1. YOU are, and have free will that  cannot or shouldn't be superseded by ANY earthly authority.

I was born a human being. I see my task and mission is to experience this HUMAN life as best I can. And when I need a little or a lotta help with that, there is a completely human guide and doorway for me.

Praise God in the name of Jesus Christ.

Amen.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Quix

• Times R a changin' Walk with God!
THANKS.

Good points, imho.

They hypocrisy on the part of many lobotomized liberal HIDIOTS (Hideous Idiots) is incredible. They will strain at the leg of a gnat and swallow a whole heard of camels. Sheesh.

Lemmings, Sheeple, Eloi shuffling down further into the caverns of the Morlachs.

What is interesting, to me, are stories like this:  http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,294217.msg1537924.html#msg1537924

People looking for an answer outside of themselves. Willing to accept gods and godesses. But unwilling to accept God or Jesus Christ.

What I am saying is there is a huge number of people on this planet who believe in something other than the completely and totally HUMAN experience of the supernatural.

It comes back to the question on another thread about homosexuality. I tie it all together.

I believe in other gods/goddesses. Aliens. Fairies, etc. Demons, Jinn, Spirits, Fallen Angels, and any of the host of descriptive entities.

I also believe all kingship is derived from Satanic belief, @roamer_1. YOU are, and have free will that  cannot or shouldn't be superseded by ANY earthly authority.

I was born a human being. I see my task and mission is to experience this HUMAN life as best I can. And when I need a little or a lotta help with that, there is a completely human guide and doorway for me.

Amen.

Forgive all; In all things Thank God; Love all. Love 1st, most & always... BE CALM & DO THE NEXT LOVING THING.
POTTERY SITE ON ETSY: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ACTIVELOVE
QUIX thread for Quix GLOBALISM, UFO ETC topics here:http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=206517.new#new WILLIAM TOMPKINS Disclosure bk thread: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,224639.0.html . Calling: To afflict the comfortable & comfort the afflicted[/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@Quix Got your missive okay, will have to read this in a couple of days. Working!

THANKS for letting me know. Happy work. LOL.

God's best to you this CHRISTmas and season.

May you experience many abundant rewards for your labors.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 01:02:54 am by Quix »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
@Quix Got your missive okay, will have to read this in a couple of days. Working!

Congrats on the -- Working!. Hope it lasts.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

@bigheadfred
That is in large part because modern Christianity is powerless. It eschews the supernatural, preferring realism and scientism, and ignores the Word, preferring psychology. You must travel far to find one emanating the power of God - healing and casting out demons, as instances - In the main, the church prefers to be neutered and left in piece.

Likewise - there is a war going on, just beyond our sight that most Christians are blissfully unaware of... and quite likely to ignore until it enters our plane whole cloth...

That is not true. Well, mostly true, but not true.

There is The Righteous King before whom every knee shall bow. That in itself denies your claim. and there is such a thing as a righteous rule on earth - in regency to the true King - Though it is few and far, them that would practice it. In fact, every House and Great House is a sort of kingship in itself, with regional government and national government - all sanctioned by the Bible. So no.

However, the government formed around us now, based upon bloodlines and divine right, as continued into western governance today... In that I agree with you, without reservation.

Amen.

:amen:
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 11:50:44 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

If you think of God as a white-bearded old man, yes, I can see why some might reject Him.  But, God is unknowable - as in, something very alien and yet very close to us.  And, Jesus is the path.  The only path.  I used to think and look otherwise, but Jesus is the truth and none other.

Amen.

God bless you, Fred.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer

That is not true. Well, mostly true, but not true.

There is The Righteous King before whom every knee shall bow. That in itself denies your claim. and there is such a thing as a righteous rule on earth - in regency to the true King - Though it is few and far, them that would practice it. In fact, every House and Great House is a sort of kingship in itself, with regional government and national government - all sanctioned by the Bible. So no.

Regency. Righteous jurisdiction as pertains to a society and/or jurisdiction.

"King" is a  made up word. There was a Word to the wise NOT to have an earthly king--Saul.

Perhaps it is a mere semantic difference in our opinions.

Rulership, governance, regency, mayhap. Kingship. NO. Not on this earth.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Congrats on the -- Working!. Hope it lasts.
Thanks! This job will wrap all too quickly, but there is more coming up. At least the prospect is there, which is better than things had been for a while.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

Regency. Righteous jurisdiction as pertains to a society and/or jurisdiction.

"King" is a  made up word. There was a Word to the wise NOT to have an earthly king--Saul.

Perhaps it is a mere semantic difference in our opinions.

Rulership, governance, regency, mayhap. Kingship. NO. Not on this earth.

@bigheadfred
Right in close to a semantic difference....

The point and the problem is 'divine right' and bloodline. Not 'King'.  Melek, 'king' in Hebrew, is a defined God-given office, destined for the 'Melek-Tzadik' - The Righteous King. and there were kings proclaimed righteous by the Bible. And the bloodline has significance. But over and over, whether king or patriarch, the 'divine right' was overturned and given to the righteous. Saul overturned brought David in ascendancy. The inheritance, whatever it is, follows the righteous, not the heir apparent...

The significance of the bloodline of kings is only to establish two seeds. Only ONE of which is legitimate and has Divine Right. One Seed, that is.

The crown, the keys, the rod of iron, and the scepter are His. Yeshua Messiah, Melek-Tzadik.

The other seed, and his line, are what we deal with presently. On that case, you and I are in four-square agreement.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 02:27:21 am by roamer_1 »