Author Topic: ‘We Can’t Continue to Reward People Who Come to Our Country Illegally’  (Read 218 times)

rangerrebew

‘We Can’t Continue to Reward People Who Come to Our Country Illegally’

Effort underway to restore the proposal by Rep. Luke Messer to require Social Security number for child payments

by Brendan Kirby | Updated 08 Dec 2017 at 9:14 PM

It’s one of the stranger whodunnits in Washington right now: The Senate version of the GOP tax cut bill substantially altered a noncontroversial provision adopted by the House that excludes illegal immigrants from benefiting from a program for the working poor.

The original proposal by Rep. Luke Messer (R-Ind.) addressed a loophole that allows illegal immigrants to receive taxpayer funds available to people who earn too little to claim the full value of the child tax credit. Designed as an incentive for people to work, the program lets people get more money back from the federal government than they pay in taxes.

https://www.lifezette.com/polizette/...try-illegally/

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Good for Rep. Messer.  It is so sensible that you have to wonder how it got changed in the first place.