Author Topic: Justice Dept. lawyer who met with dubious Trump dossier author to be hauled before Congress  (Read 693 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Justice Dept. lawyer who met with dubious Trump dossier author to be hauled before Congress
The Washington Times, Dec 7, 2017, Rowan Scarborough

The House Intelligence Committee plans to compel testimony from a career Justice Department attorney who met during the election campaign with the writer of the infamous unverified Trump-Russia dossier.  The committee has learned that Bruce Ohr, an associate attorney general, not only spoke with dossier writer Christopher Steele but also met after the election with Glenn Simpson, whose Fusion GPS hired Mr. Steele with Democratic Party money.

“Pursuant to the House Intelligence Committee’s prior subpoenas and information requests, the Department of Justice should have provided the committee with information on contacts that DOJ official Bruce Ohr had with Fusion GPS representatives and Christopher Steele.,” said committee chairman Devin Nunes, California Republican. “The Committee will issue a subpoena to Bruce Ohr for information on this matter.”

The committee is investigating Fusion’s financial arrangements, including the reasons for paying three journalists. It was Mr. Nunes’ first subpoena for Fusion bank records that forced Democrats to admit that the party and Hillary Clinton campaign paid for the dossier beginning in June 2016.

More: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/dec/7/bruce-ohr-who-met-dossier-author-christopher-steel/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The committee is investigating Fusion’s financial arrangements, including the reasons for paying three journalists.

I'd like an answer to this, too.

Offline endicom

I'd like an answer to this, too.

Nah, we should keep ignoring the elephants in the room.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Nah, we should keep ignoring the elephants in the room.

And very likely will do exactly that!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien