Author Topic: I'm Done With the Sex Scandals  (Read 1149 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: I'm Done With the Sex Scandals
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2017, 04:29:58 pm »
Y’know, this really well said. Wish I’da thought of it.

“Either way, I don't think voting for Moore is going to bring about the moral apocalypse, and I don't think it means the Republican Party is going to hell. There are other issues on the table. I don't want to retract the Declaration of Independence because Jefferson took advantage of a slave girl. I'm not going to surrender to Germany because Eisenhower cheated on his wife. Sex makes people do bad and stupid things. Again, prosecute, eject or slap. Otherwise, I'll take each case in context as it comes.”

Yes indeed!   888high58888 888high58888
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2017, 05:58:31 pm »
You're right, I managed to skip entirely over Moore's name.  I guess I'm so completely sick of the subject at this point, I managed to ignore it.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2017, 06:05:41 pm »
You're right, I managed to skip entirely over Moore's name.  I guess I'm so completely sick of the subject at this point, I managed to ignore it.

'Apology' accepted.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2017, 06:06:58 pm »
'Apology' accepted.    :laugh:

It wasn't an apology; it was an explanation.  And, you're welcome.  :tongue2:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2017, 06:12:17 pm »
It wasn't an apology; it was an explanation.  And, you're welcome.  :tongue2:

:laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2017, 06:47:38 pm »
You're right, I managed to skip entirely over Moore's name. 

Multiple times.  But you read the article.   888blackhat

@Sanguine

Online mountaineer

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2017, 07:52:00 pm »
I just came upon this editorial piece, which some might consider interesting (if not thought-provoking) for the writer's perspective. I've excerpted as much as possible, but it's quite long:
The Warlock Hunt
Claire Berlinski
The #MeToo moment has now morphed into a moral panic that poses as much danger to women as it does to men.
Dec. 6, 2017

#Metoo, of course. Women are not going nuts for no reason.   ...

Recently I saw a friend—a man—pilloried on Facebook for asking if #metoo is going too far. “No,” said his female interlocutors. “Women have endured far too many years of harassment, humiliation, and injustice. We’ll tell you when it’s gone too far.” But I’m part of that “we,” and I say it is going too far. Mass hysteria has set in. It has become a classic moral panic, one that is ultimately as dangerous to women as to men.  ...

But speak I must. It now takes only one accusation to destroy a man’s life. Just one for him to be tried and sentenced in the court of public opinion, overnight costing him his livelihood and social respectability. We are on a frenzied extrajudicial warlock hunt that does not pause to parse the difference between rape and stupidity. The punishment for sexual harassment is so grave that clearly this crime—like any other serious crime—requires an unambiguous definition. We have nothing of the sort.  ...

Do not mistake me for a rape apologist. Harvey Weinstein stands credibly accused of rape. He must face a real trial and grave punishment if convicted, not “therapy and counselling.”  ...  The law will decide whether the accused are guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, but I don’t require such arduous proof: I’m already convinced that Roy Moore is a sexual predator and so is Bill Clinton. Neither my certainty nor anyone else’s should be allowed to displace the law. I may be convinced, but I might also be mistaken.   ...
Read the whole thing at The American Interest<<<--- incidentally, you get only one bite at the apple. After you've read ONE article at this site gratis, you'll have to register and pay for more.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 07:55:58 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2017, 03:29:31 am »
"incidentally, you get only one bite at the apple. After you've read ONE article at this site gratis, you'll have to register and pay for more."

Totally off-topic, but there's a way around "prohibitions" like this.
A site (like the one mentioned above) "keeps track of you" by placing a cookie on your computer.
The NEXT TIME you visit, it reads the cookie and knows you "were there once already".

How to defeat this?
Just read the article, then use a cookie manager to delete the cookies for that site.
After you do that, you can visit again, and the site will think you're visiting for the first time (again) -- and let you read another article.

ON TOPIC:
I really haven't been paying much attention to all these sexual harassment stories.
They're pretty much all crap in my opinion.
Most (all?) of the people involved aren't worth caring about.
If the women involved wouldn't take care of it themselves back then, it's too late now to make accusations and expect anyone to do much about it.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2017, 01:59:05 pm »
It has EVERYTHING to do with 'like' accusations.

The dirty truth here....women who've experienced unwanted handling, etc., never spoke up because the Clinton Mystique carried over into not only Hollywood, but boardrooms across America.   And around the planet.

As soon as the Alpha Dirtbag fell... all bets were off.  The #metoo phenom went viral.

No matter the ongoing conversation among members, the very title of the thread makes @Bigun 's post a bullseye.

If women were truly humiliated/outraged/frightened/all of the above....... scream...spray the bastard with pepper spray, or knee him in the ballz.  Literally.

Not 40 damned years later.

Who among us is the same exact 'person' they were 40 years ago?    We've all weathered/sanded at the corners.      :laugh:

Swerved into an juicy point there, DC. The Clinton years were very damaging. Now suddenly the democrats care, now that their financial donors and network TV reporters and sundry left-wing supporters have had their skeletons exposed. Pfft.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2017, 02:45:09 pm »
Swerved into an juicy point there, DC. The Clinton years were very damaging. Now suddenly the democrats care, now that their financial donors and network TV reporters and sundry left-wing supporters have had their skeletons exposed. Pfft.

@aligncare

As our friend @Bigun would proclaim:

Amen, my friend!    ^-^