Author Topic: Ex-Fox News host claims Trump tried to kiss her in elevator  (Read 4721 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Re: Ex-Fox News host claims Trump tried to kiss her in elevator
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2017, 04:26:18 pm »
I appreciate the fact that you are venting about this particular woman, but can you please tone down the hyperbolic accusation of all women?   Please??

I think he's right.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2017, 06:14:47 pm »
I think he's right.

I'm sorry that every woman you know is crazy, but that is not a factual analysis, so you are wrong.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2017, 06:42:32 pm »
I'm sorry that every woman you know is crazy, but that is not a factual analysis, so you are wrong.

He didn't say every woman, he said women. It's like me saying "We tried to go to a new movie theater the other night, and I printed out directions on how to get there, but my husband was driving and wouldn't look at them.  Men are so bad at asking for directions."  It's a hyperbolic statement; we know instinctually that I don't literally mean every man in the whole world.  It's okay for you not to take what he said personally or feel insulted for all women of the world.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2017, 06:48:57 pm »
He didn't say every woman, he said women. It's like me saying "We tried to go to a new movie theater the other night, and I printed out directions on how to get there, but my husband was driving and wouldn't look at them.  Men are so bad at asking for directions."  It's a hyperbolic statement; we know instinctually that I don't literally mean every man in the whole world.  It's okay for you not to take what he said personally or feel insulted for all women of the world.

Don't worry about me.  I didn't take it personally, nor do I feel "insulted for all the women of the world."

But it's clear why his hyperbolic error didn't bother you.

You're really good at hyperbolizing yourself.

Incidentally, I use the word 'most' or 'some' when describing the problems men tend to have.  If I knowingly accuse all of what only some do, then I consider it dishonest.

Ergo, I don't do it.

And the statement "women are crazy" is still inaccurate.

Not interested in continuing this 'discussion' with you. My point has been made.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2017, 06:50:24 pm »
"All sweeping generalizations are wrong."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2017, 06:51:31 pm »

Uh yeah. It is a factual analysis. Woman are crazy. That's what makes them fun.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2017, 06:54:41 pm »

Sounds like the time I was trying to find a place in Little Italy and kept insisting 'I know where I'm going!'  We had a fantastic meal after I finally asked someone at a gas station where it was.

Later that night, she randomly decided to give me the silent treatment for something I'd said the previous year.  Good times.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 06:55:27 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2017, 07:21:07 pm »
Don't worry about me.  I didn't take it personally, nor do I feel "insulted for all the women of the world."

But it's clear why his hyperbolic error didn't bother you.

You're really good at hyperbolizing yourself.

Incidentally, I use the word 'most' or 'some' when describing the problems men tend to have.  If I knowingly accuse all of what only some do, then I consider it dishonest.

Ergo, I don't do it.

And the statement "women are crazy" is still inaccurate.

Not interested in continuing this 'discussion' with you. My point has been made.

Typical woman, make a statement that is supposed to be the end of the conversation and leave in a huff.

Crazy women:
Exhibit 1 - Aileen Wuornos

Exhibit 2 - Kristen Gilbert

Exhibit 3 - Andrea Yates

Offline musiclady

« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2017, 07:33:31 pm »
Typical woman, make a statement that is supposed to be the end of the conversation and leave in a huff.

Crazy women:
Exhibit 1 - Aileen Wuornos

Exhibit 2 - Kristen Gilbert

Exhibit 3 - Andrea Yates

How odd.  I'm not even remotely 'in a huff.'  Projecting, are we??  I just don't wish to continue a pointless conversation.

And THIS, my young woman, is a pointless conversation.  :seeya:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2017, 07:35:14 pm »
Uh yeah. It is a factual analysis. Woman are crazy. That's what makes them fun.

I get it.

Now I'm supposed to say, "I'm not crazy," and then you get to say, "That's why you're no fun."

You're predictable, Frank.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2017, 07:36:43 pm »

I get it.

Now I'm supposed to say, "I'm not crazy," and then you get to say, "That's why you're no fun."

Listen lady. Not all my set ups work, especially when a kill joy like you doesn't play along........that's why you are no fun.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2017, 07:37:11 pm »

I get it.

Have you noticed how frequently he's right though?  It's crazy.  Oh, wait..  It's uncanny.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2017, 07:37:55 pm »
Listen lady. Not all my set ups work, especially when a kill joy like you doesn't play along........that's why you are no fun.

Oh, I'm fun alright.

You just need to know who to ask.   :smokin:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2017, 07:44:10 pm »
Oh, I'm fun alright.

You just need to know who to ask.   :smokin:

Well then....

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2017, 03:38:33 am »
@musiclady
@RoosGirl
@Cyber Liberty
@Frank Cannon
@edpc

Been so busy today that I didn't have time to logon. I didn't know about this discussion. Just happened on it accidentally.

But, given that my 'Women are crazy.' remark stirred all this up, I feel that it is necessary for me to clarify.

What I meant to say is that 'in general', women are crazy. Not all women. Just 'women'.

And a woman "in love" is even crazier still. It is impossible to predict what they will do for love, or because of love.
A woman 'in love' is like a runaway train. It is going to go through anything that's in its way, and there ain't no stopping or reasoning with it.

That's my humble experience anyway. I hope this clears things up.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 03:38:55 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2017, 03:40:35 am »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2017, 03:41:35 am »
@musiclady
@RoosGirl
@Cyber Liberty
@Frank Cannon
@edpc

Been so busy today that I didn't have time to logon. I didn't know about this discussion. Just happened on it accidentally.

But, given that my 'Women are crazy.' remark stirred all this up, I feel that it is necessary for me to clarify.

What I meant to say is that 'in general', women are crazy. Not all women. Just 'women'.

And a woman "in love" is even crazier still. It is impossible to predict what they will do for love, or because of love.
A woman 'in love' is like a runaway train. It is going to go through anything that's in its way, and there ain't no stopping or reasoning with it.

You don't have to explain to me.  Some of the crap going on around here over this Roy Moore nonsense is all the proof I need to agree completely with you on this; da ladiez iz cra cra.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2017, 03:42:20 am »
Well then....

That is a man that keeps on getting better looking the older he gets.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2017, 03:52:31 am »

No explanation to me necessary.  My post was just a silly example of a time where a man and woman fell right into the stereotype.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 03:53:01 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #70 on: December 11, 2017, 02:38:26 pm »
@musiclady
@RoosGirl
@Cyber Liberty
@Frank Cannon
@edpc

It wasn't really a big deal.  I knew you were venting about a  (really!) crazy woman (and I know there are plenty of them).  I just wanted to point out the hyperbole. 

I guess I hang around too many rational, kind, sensible men and women to fit in to some of the things that have been said around here lately about either gender.  There are SO many moral men and sane women out there, and I'm sad that apparently a lot of you don't know any of them.

I know lots of each.  In fact, those who are not are the exceptions.   :shrug:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #71 on: December 11, 2017, 02:44:29 pm »
And my apology for stirring things up with my response.  It really wasn't meant to stir anything up.

But I guess that's the way things happen on discussion boards, eh?

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2017, 02:56:05 pm »
Welcome back to Free republic where all step fathers are predatory child rapist/murderers and women need to know when to keep their damn fool mouths shut.

The thread in question was about live in boyfriends, not stepfathers.

Any woman with children who allows a live in boyfriend needs her head examined and clearly does not have the welfare of her children first.

@Cripplecreek
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 02:56:39 pm by mirraflake »

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2017, 03:00:18 pm »
..and one more thing, by allowing your girlfriend to move in with you with young children is dangerous on your part.

One of those kids get's peeved at you for taking away their phone all they will say is cripplecreek molested me and your life is ruined.

@Cripplecreek

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #74 on: December 11, 2017, 03:04:25 pm »
..and one more thing, by allowing your girlfriend to move in with you with young children is dangerous on your part.

One of those kids get's peeved at you for taking away their phone all they will say is cripplecreek molested me and your life is ruined.

@Cripplecreek

Frankly I have to wonder if you have a guilty conscience about such things. Now GFY