Author Topic: Donald Trump Strikes a Blow against International Anti-Semitism  (Read 198 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Donald Trump Strikes a Blow against International Anti-Semitism
« on: December 06, 2017, 09:14:18 pm »
By moving America’s embassy to Jerusalem, the U.S. confronts the bigoted double standards of the international community.
By David French
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/454406/jerusalem-embassy-trump-fights-anti-semitism

President Trump’s decision to formally recognize that Jerusalem is the capital of Israel and to
announce plans to move America’s embassy to the seat of Israel’s government is one of the best,
most moral, and important decisions of his young administration. On this issue, he is demonstrating
greater resolve than Republican and Democratic presidents before him, and he is defying some of
the worst people in the world.

Think I’m overstating this? Think I’m too enthusiastic about an isolated diplomatic maneuver —
especially when that maneuver, to quote the New York Times, “isolates the U.S.” and “has drawn
a storm of criticism from Arab and European leaders”? Let’s consider some law, history, and
context . . .

If “stability” means the perpetuation of double standards, the isolation of Israel, and continued
kowtowing to threats of violence, then it’s time to call the Arabs’ bluff. If the most powerful nation
in the history of the world doesn’t have the moral strength to even properly recognize Israel’s
capital, it gives aid and comfort to those who impose unique burdens on the Jewish state. Will
America’s Arab allies — nations that depend on our alliances to confront a growing Iranian threat
— forsake their own national security to protest an embassy location? It’s time to find out.

The Trump administration has made the right move. Now let’s see how the bigots respond.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.