Author Topic: Court records suggest Roy Moore dated wife while she was still married  (Read 15716 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/court-records-suggest-roy-moore-dated-wife-while-she-was-still-married/article/2642679

Alabama Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore's account of when he began dating his wife Kayla would place the start of their courtship before her divorce from her first husband, according to court documents.

This comes as the Moore campaign's defense of the retired judge against multiple allegations of sexual misconduct hinges on disputing minute details of the accusers' versions of events.

On Tuesday afternoon, the Washington Examiner asked Moore's campaign to explain apparent contradictions between his account of his relationship with Kayla Kisor and information contained in public records.

“Regardless of when they met, Judge and Kayla did not date while she was still with her ex-husband or legally married,” campaign spokesman Brett Doster responded by email.

More at link :tree3:

Re: Court records suggest Roy Moore dated wife while she was still married
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 10:43:01 am »
Since child molestation is a resume enhancer for the Alabama GOP...I gotta figure dating a married woman is worth a couple percentage points. 

Isn't there a Commandment about this?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 10:46:17 am by Once-Ler »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 11:45:01 am »
Isn't there a Commandment about this?

There's certainly one about bearing false witness.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 11:57:16 am »
Still trying to get rid of Moore, I see.   Looks like bringing up all those women to make accusations has fizzled, so now they're looking for more dirt. 

YAWN!

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 12:00:32 pm »
There's certainly one about bearing false witness.
! No longer available

Good point about Moore being a huge liar on top of an adulterer and child molester.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 01:29:38 pm »
! No longer available

Good point about Moore being a huge liar on top of an adulterer and child molester.

Such a good Christian...
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 02:06:32 pm »

Such a good Christian...

The fact is that Moore and his supporters aren't Christians. They may go to church and quote the bible freely but they show a complete and utter disregard for their final judgement. That tells me that they don't really believe there will be a God judging them. They're just like every other liberal on the planet who believes they should do whatever they want because there will be no consequences. After all they've spent the past couple of years supporting a man they know is an immoral degenerate liar and its becoming easier for them.

I may not be the greatest Christian but I do understand that I alone am responsible for my soul. As I've gotten older not a day passes when I don't make a decision involving asking myself If I want to face God with it.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2017, 02:08:10 pm »
"Suggest" - code for Fake News. i.e. We don't know if this is true but....

Journalism at its finest
Countdown to Resignation

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2017, 02:17:49 pm »
It's not called *dating* when you are married..it is called *adultery*
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2017, 02:20:41 pm »

They have to say that because the documents point to a definite timeframe, but that Ol' Roy.....you know he sometimes can't clearly recall those pesky details from so long ago.  Especially when they're inconvenient.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2017, 02:40:32 pm »
It's amazing what minutiae the press can dig up on a low-level politician running for Senate and they can't find anything about Clinton, Comey, Mueller, Franken, etc., ad infinitum.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2017, 02:44:20 pm »
It's amazing what minutiae the press can dig up on a low-level politician running for Senate and they can't find anything about Clinton, Comey, Mueller, Franken, etc., ad infinitum.

Yeah!  Quite amazing indeed! 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2017, 02:45:55 pm »

Journalism at its finest

It's certainly what passes for "journalism" these days!  If you can't find what you need to advance the agenda make it up!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2017, 03:06:14 pm »
It's not called *dating* when you are married..it is called *adultery*
Well, he wasn't the guilty one, then. Heck, if you consider Matthew, the fact that he was dating a woman who already had a kid with someone else was an act of adultery—on HER part.

Besides, he was 37 years old and still single. It's clear this is written by inside-the-beltway types who think there are all these thirtysomething single women floating around everywhere. There aren't, and if you live outside those beltways, they don't exist. I know from experience.

They attacked him for dating 17 and 18 year olds, and now they're attacking him for dating a woman in her 20s. Who did they expect Roy Moore to date? A blow-up doll?!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 03:07:14 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2017, 03:11:52 pm »
And adultery means "having sex", not "going out". I'm married and I go places with other women. We just don't touch each other (ewww).
Countdown to Resignation

Offline musiclady

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2017, 03:22:28 pm »
IF he was having sex with a married woman, it was adultery on his part as well.

Biblical morals don't adapt with the situation just because you want it to.

(Everyone see the big "IF" and take note, please).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2017, 03:27:37 pm »
And adultery means "having sex", not "going out". I'm married and I go places with other women. We just don't touch each other (ewww).

Depends on who you ask. The Vice President thinks that going out with a woman not your wife is adultery.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2017, 03:29:32 pm »
I expected another shoe to drop this week prior to the election, but if this is all they got I guess they'll be swearing Sen Moore in pretty soon.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2017, 03:29:50 pm »
Well, he wasn't the guilty one, then. Heck, if you consider Matthew, the fact that he was dating a woman who already had a kid with someone else was an act of adultery—on HER part.

Do you know details on her divorce?  Was it filed by her or by her ex?

Besides, he was 37 years old and still single. It's clear this is written by inside-the-beltway types who think there are all these thirtysomething single women floating around everywhere. There aren't, and if you live outside those beltways, they don't exist. I know from experience.

You're exactly right.

They attacked him for dating 17 and 18 year olds, and now they're attacking him for dating a woman in her 20s. Who did they expect Roy Moore to date? A blow-up doll?!

The problem is, Roy Moore and many of his fanatical followers seem to take a holier-than-thou approach to life.  The perception is that they show little compassion, understanding, and mercy for those in rough straits...but then aren't so perfect in their own lives.  This looks like hypocrisy.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2017, 03:38:12 pm »

Does anybody know the exact timeline of Reagan's courtships and his first and second marriages?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2017, 03:42:13 pm »
Does anybody know the exact timeline of Reagan's courtships and his first and second marriages?

Yes.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2017, 03:44:04 pm »

You're exactly right.

The problem is, Roy Moore and many of his fanatical followers seem to take a holier-than-thou approach to life.  The perception is that they show little compassion, understanding, and mercy for those in rough straits...but then aren't so perfect in their own lives.  This looks like hypocrisy.

The problem is that FAR too many people are so easily stampeded to conclusions not born out by any actual evidence!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2017, 03:48:41 pm »

You're exactly right.

Psychoanalyse till the cows come home. Call me names, its ok.

All I want is a reliable senate vote for the next SCOTUS pick, immigration reform vote, tax bill, etc etc. If thats not important to you, thats OK too.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2017, 04:00:39 pm »

Post Trump, Reagan's sins are irrelevant.

The bar is very, very, very low now.........

(In fact, it can't go much lower, can it?)
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2017, 04:07:31 pm »
Post Trump, Reagan's sins are irrelevant.

The bar is very, very, very low now.........

(In fact, it can't go much lower, can it?)

LOL. You forget about Warren Harding? John Kennedy? What exactly is this bar you speak of? The one hidden by the MSM of the day to hide the truth.