Author Topic: Court records suggest Roy Moore dated wife while she was still married  (Read 15654 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Court records suggest Roy Moore dated wife while she was still married
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2017, 04:22:30 pm »

Do you know details on her divorce?  Was it filed by her or by her ex?

You're exactly right.

The problem is, Roy Moore and many of his fanatical followers seem to take a holier-than-thou approach to life.  The perception is that they show little compassion, understanding, and mercy for those in rough straits...but then aren't so perfect in their own lives.  This looks like hypocrisy.

So now ... everyone who doesn't believe all the lame BS about Moore is a fanatical follower? 
Is this the most important thing in your Life.  Little odd bits of gossip that keep cropping up here about a Senatorial candidate.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2017, 04:24:22 pm »
Since child molestation is a resume enhancer for the Alabama GOP...I gotta figure dating a married woman is worth a couple percentage points. 

Isn't there a Commandment about this?

Are you insane?  Or just obsessed?  Cannot we drop this?

You are venturing into dangerous territory here.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2017, 04:30:34 pm »
They attacked him for dating 17 and 18 year olds, and now they're attacking him for dating a woman in her 20s. Who did they expect Roy Moore to date? A blow-up doll?!

He couldn't believe his luck, meeting up with the recital girl once again.  At last, he could fulfill his very own American Beauty moment he had fantasized about for years.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2017, 04:36:11 pm »
Careful Once-Ler you're venturing into dangerous territory here.  :silly:

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2017, 04:38:02 pm »
Are you insane?  Or just obsessed?  Cannot we drop this?

You are venturing into dangerous territory here.

I'll take "obsessed" for $500, Alex! 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2017, 08:12:46 pm »
LOL. You forget about Warren Harding? John Kennedy? What exactly is this bar you speak of? The one hidden by the MSM of the day to hide the truth.

I'm speaking of recent history when the public knew of the vile behavior.

The MSM conveniently hid the dirt on JFK to make their "Camelot" imagery look real.  If the public had known what JFK was really like, he never, ever would have been elected.

60 years later someone equally as bad got elected.

The bar for public approval of debauchery has dropped through the floor.

It's a fact, Frank.  Laugh all you want, but it's a fact.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2017, 08:24:06 pm »
If this didn't happen in the last 20 years, I don't care. It's just not relevant. Kennedy killed a woman and we almost made him President.

Show me a recent pattern of behavior. Al Franken was doing drugs with John Belushi but that has no bearing on his behavior today
Countdown to Resignation

Offline edpc

« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2017, 08:27:06 pm »

That'd be 2020.  Are you from the future?  That would be awesome!

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2017, 08:30:13 pm »
I'm speaking of recent history when the public knew of the vile behavior.

The MSM conveniently hid the dirt on JFK to make their "Camelot" imagery look real.  If the public had known what JFK was really like, he never, ever would have been elected.

The bar for public approval of debauchery has dropped through the floor.

It's a fact, Frank.  Laugh all you want, but it's a fact.

I've seen interviews with political operatives and media types who were involved in the Kennedy/Nixon race. They admit to fooling the public into beliving that Kennedy was this young vigorous athletic democrat and Nixon was an old man on his last legs. In reality Nixon was only a few years older and in considerably better health. In televised debates they gave Kennedy soft filtered stage lighting but Nixon got harsh lighting literally 3 feet over his head to make him sweat and appear older.

Today things are worse but the public is also worse. They want crap flinging monkeys that reflect their lack of values and decency.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2017, 08:32:03 pm »
Oh, the horror!

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2017, 08:43:49 pm »

Obama was much much worse,  and it was only 48 years after Nixon's election which  they gave to Kennedy. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline musiclady

« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2017, 08:45:39 pm »
That'd be 2020.  Are you from the future?  That would be awesome!

I was rounding up to make it sound less pedantic.  :dx1:

But I'll correct it for the record.

56 years later, we elected someone as bad, knowing full well he was as bad, and not only that, he was nominated by the party that was supposed to care about such things.

The country is swirling the moral toilet bowl.......

And those of us who care are made fun of, even by conservatives.  :shrug:
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 08:46:05 pm by musiclady »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline edpc

« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2017, 08:48:08 pm »

Man.......I was hoping for some stock tips or the Powerball numbers.    :crying:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2017, 08:48:45 pm »

56 years later, we elected someone as bad, knowing full well he was as bad, and not only that, he was nominated by the party that was supposed to care about such things.

And those of us who care are made fun of, even by conservatives.  :shrug:

I wouldn't say pedantic, maybe just a bit OCD.   :tongue2:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2017, 08:50:11 pm »
Quote from: skeeter
All I want is a reliable senate vote for the next SCOTUS pick, immigration reform vote, tax bill, etc etc. If thats not important to you, thats OK too.

Quote from: applewood
Today things are worse but the public is also worse. They want crap flinging monkeys that reflect their lack of values and decency.

I'll let these two quotations sit next to each other for maximum impact.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline musiclady

« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2017, 08:51:21 pm »
I've seen interviews with political operatives and media types who were involved in the Kennedy/Nixon race. They admit to fooling the public into beliving that Kennedy was this young vigorous athletic democrat and Nixon was an old man on his last legs. In reality Nixon was only a few years older and in considerably better health. In televised debates they gave Kennedy soft filtered stage lighting but Nixon got harsh lighting literally 3 feet over his head to make him sweat and appear older.

Couldn't agree more.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2017, 08:52:31 pm »

Man.......I was hoping for some stock tips or the Powerball numbers.    :crying:

Hmmmm............. I'm a pretty unlucky person, so you'd probably better go elsewhere for that.  :laugh:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2017, 08:53:56 pm »
I wouldn't say pedantic, maybe just a bit OCD.   :tongue2:

That too.  :laugh:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2017, 09:00:02 pm »
Starting wars, leaving  the GOP for dead, putting Christians in harm's way, believe me morality can be measured in more than one way. So good luck if one is trying to pin this on the admin.  Concerned Women of America and others say is the most pro-life administration ever, giving back and standing up for religious freedoms. Merry Christmas not Happy Holidays, Matthew was a tax collector.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2017, 09:05:32 pm »

There's certainly one about bearing false witness.

Good point about Moore being a huge liar on top of an adulterer and child molester.

QED
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2017, 09:26:18 pm »

And those of us who care are made fun of, even by conservatives. :shrug:

Fortunately God doesn't do collective damnation. They can point and laugh all they want but there will one day be a very high cost.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2017, 10:02:18 pm »
If we held everyone to the absolute purist standards being bantered about there would be no one left to run anything.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2017, 10:14:17 pm »
If we held everyone to the absolute purist standards being bantered about there would be no one left to run anything.

Heard today on radio that some say that women are going to take a hit in the workplace, due to all this #metoo tweets.

Nobody will want to be alone in an office setting with any woman....or else we'll see cameras in every office.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2017, 10:15:53 pm »
Heard today on radio that some say that women are going to take a hit in the workplace, due to all this #metoo tweets.

Nobody will want to be alone in an office setting with any woman....or else we'll see cameras in every office.

Or woman won't be hired in the first place, why risk the trouble?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2017, 10:17:17 pm »
Or woman won't be hired in the first place, why risk the trouble?

It's not the women causing the trouble.