Author Topic: Court records suggest Roy Moore dated wife while she was still married  (Read 15717 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Court records suggest Roy Moore dated wife while she was still married
« Reply #125 on: December 07, 2017, 03:14:31 pm »

Of course they should,   but I  don't think you have given my point any consideration before rejecting it outright.   

I certainly don't believe you put as much thought into responding to it as I put into formulating it.   

I'm just going to put it aside now.  It's not terribly relevant anyways.

I've put many year's worth of thought into the subject and found nothing in your comment that would compel me to re-think it.

I do think it's relevant.  Why do so many men today dress like little boys in baggy shorts and tee shirts and flip flops?  Why do so many men abdicate their God-given gifts and act like helpless pawns in the game of life?  Why do some men blame women for their failures?  (And, yes, there is a female version of these questions too.  Like why do so many women dress like streetwalkers?  Why do full-grown women talk like little girls?)  It could be worth a discussion.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #126 on: December 07, 2017, 03:17:50 pm »
@DiogenesLamp

So men are like apes who have no self control, even in the workplace?

Apparently this is the lesson we are to learn here (at least from the perspective of a few).

Men have no self-control.  They are weak, and driven by their bodies, with no control of them by their minds or souls.

Therefore, women should not be permitted to work with men, because men just aren't capable of controlling their base instincts.

Quite a lesson, eh, @CatherineofAragon ?

(Good thing I know so many men that make a mockery of these idiotic, childish excuses).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #127 on: December 07, 2017, 03:17:55 pm »
@DiogenesLamp

So men are like apes who have no self control, even in the workplace?

I expect some are,   but  let me diverge for a moment on what I regard as a common fallacy; 

The notion that any group is all of something,   and not an array of disparate individuals.    I get into this point on a myriad of discussions,  such as pot usage and such.   

Do you know what a Bell Curve is?   Well just as the majority of the people will fall in the center,  there are those who do not.   A Bell Curve is in fact a representation of a range of data.   There is no one characteristic that is conserved across the spectrum.   

People like their information in binary form.   They want "yes"  or "no"  answers.   They want "black" or "white"  answers.   Answers in function form,  or as percentages are not satisfying.   They want such answers reconstituted into a "go"/"no go"  form so they can more easily make decisions.   

The real world does not always restructure itself for our convenience.   

Yes,  some men have more difficulty controlling themselves than do other men.   Our target must necessarily be the average,  because this simplifies our decision making process.   

My point here is that this is not an accurate way of looking at the reality. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #128 on: December 07, 2017, 03:18:13 pm »
I've put many year's worth of thought into the subject and found nothing in your comment that would compel me to re-think it.

I do think it's relevant.  Why do so many men today dress like little boys in baggy shorts and tee shirts and flip flops?  Why do so many men abdicate their God-given gifts and act like helpless pawns in the game of life?  Why do some men blame women for their failures?  (And, yes, there is a female version of these questions too.  Like why do so many women dress like streetwalkers?  Why do full-grown women talk like little girls?)  It could be worth a discussion.

I really don't think a lot of discussion is required.  The answer is simple. Because they have been conditioned to do those things by a now very sick society we live in.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #129 on: December 07, 2017, 03:20:22 pm »
Pete, I don't make fun of your beliefs, I'd appreciate it if you would return the courtesy.

There is no rationality when there is abject hatred and fury.  Don't expect it.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #130 on: December 07, 2017, 03:21:14 pm »
@Fantom

A slap, huh?  That’s nice.  And be careful not to giggle.

Tell you what.  If a man grabs my breast or gropes my crotch, I’m going to try my best to take an eye.  What do you think of that?

Excessive over reaction.   Punch in the mouth,  yes.   Deprive him of sight for life?   Excessive bordering on psychotic.   

Actionable as well.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Silver Pines

« Reply #131 on: December 07, 2017, 03:22:03 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

I really don't know but My guess is that your are pretty much immune to that sort of thing now!

@Bigun

Nope.  It does kind of skeeve me out, though, when elderly chrome domes give me the eye.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #132 on: December 07, 2017, 03:24:58 pm »
@Bigun

Nope.  It does kind of skeeve me out, though, when elderly chrome domes give me the eye.

@CatherineofAragon

LOL!  I'll bet!   :rolling:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #133 on: December 07, 2017, 03:28:09 pm »
Wife was watching TV other day, (I don't watch much TV now days) and a commercial for Doug Jones comes on. The commercial claimed Roy Moore defended sexual predators while he was judge. Made me mad, but I could find nothing about the cases to see if Doug Jones was telling the truth.

I found this today though, and even liberal politifact admits Doug's commercial was a lie.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/dec/06/doug-jones/jones-ad-wrongly-attacks-moore-sex-crime-case/

Now I am tired of the lies. If Doug wants to talk about something, talk about defending the KKK fellow or when Doug defended UAB university (and most their football team) against a rape charges from a 14 y/o little brilliant red head girl that got put in a bad position and was not watched as they promised to do.

I will let ESPN tell the story.... Warning, very sad story to read. Yep I warned you.

http://www.espn.com/magazine/vol5no12uab.html
@Sighlass
Could it be this case that the ad is referring to?

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/that-time-roy-moore-refused-to-convict-a-child-molester-who-abused-a-4-year-old/

Silver Pines

« Reply #134 on: December 07, 2017, 03:29:52 pm »

I would never take Carl’s eye.  Can’t blame me for that, man.

Silver Pines

« Reply #135 on: December 07, 2017, 03:39:38 pm »

Yes.  You know how to tell they are insane?  They keep using pronounced judgements like "Molester"  without real proof.   

Rational people do not merely accept accusations as "proof",  especially in light of witnesses that dispute the claims of the accusers.

@DiogenesLamp

I’m in good company, then.  Ben Shapiro, Jonah Goldberg, David French, Erick Erickson, Amanda Carpenter and other solid conservatives use that exact term when referring to Moore. 

*Sits down to wait for derisive explanation of why they’re all slack-jawed morons compared to you-know-who *

Silver Pines

« Reply #136 on: December 07, 2017, 03:46:59 pm »

@Sanguine

Yes, the blame is shared; there’s no doubt about it. 

But the BS TOS-inspired blame-women-for-everything isn’t going to fly.  Maybe there it does, where it seems the majority of men are cranks who have to order up Filipino wives, but not here. 

Good observation about the preferred male attire.   A conservative woman once called it the overgrown Charlie Brown look.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #137 on: December 07, 2017, 03:47:52 pm »
@DiogenesLamp

I’m in good company, then.  Ben Shapiro, Jonah Goldberg, David French, Erick Erickson, Amanda Carpenter and other solid conservatives use that exact term when referring to Moore. 

*Sits down to wait for derisive explanation of why they’re all slack-jawed morons compared to you-know-who *

Roy will clear it all up with prose.....

https://www.yahoo.com/music/roy-moore-tried-convince-black-195713407.html

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find the actual poem anywhere.  I bet it's compelling.   *****rollingeyes*****
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 03:49:18 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #138 on: December 07, 2017, 03:48:58 pm »
@jmyrlefuller

Never mind Matthew,let's take this to "the boss" and consider that Gawd hissef impregnated a woman married to another man to create Jesus.

Assuming of course that you can suspend reality believe that mythical,superstitious nonsense to start with.

I will point out that those governments in the past which rejected these claims as "superstition",  created the most horrific piles of dead human bodies that history has ever seen.   

By an objective standard,   the "superstitious" governments have been far less lethal to their populations than were the "enlightened"  ones.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Silver Pines

« Reply #139 on: December 07, 2017, 03:49:03 pm »
Apparently this is the lesson we are to learn here (at least from the perspective of a few).

Men have no self-control.  They are weak, and driven by their bodies, with no control of them by their minds or souls.

Therefore, women should not be permitted to work with men, because men just aren't capable of controlling their base instincts.

Quite a lesson, eh, @CatherineofAragon ?

(Good thing I know so many men that make a mockery of these idiotic, childish excuses).

@musiclady

Yes, I don’t know any men like this.  Not one.

That argument is the same put forth by Muslim men.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #140 on: December 07, 2017, 03:50:31 pm »
@Sanguine

I am merely stating what is accepted as being Biblical Fact. I'm just not sugar-coating it.

You have that right.   You are in fact doing a pretty good job of coating it with crushed glass in the hopes of injuring someone. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline aligncare

« Reply #141 on: December 07, 2017, 03:52:01 pm »
I think we need this reliable conservative vote in the senate, hopefully Alabamans will come through for the nation.

As for allegations of sexual abuse I think that they are threadbare, plus the timing is politically suspect. Moore appears to have had a normal spiritual life since the time frame in question, so I give him the benefit of the doubt.

And because President Trump needs reliable votes in the senate to get anything done, he finally, reluctantly, indorsed Moore, so there’s that too.

Silver Pines

« Reply #142 on: December 07, 2017, 03:52:08 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

LOL!  I'll bet!   :rolling:

@Bigun

*shrug*

I posted a pic once.  You could judge for yourself.  Or not.

Sorry to hit a nerve.

(Not really)

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #143 on: December 07, 2017, 03:54:32 pm »

So you were already familiar with the case of the woman who had to take testosterone to treat a medical condition?   What a coincidence that this piece of information had already made it's way to you.   Here I thought it was a chance encounter that even made myself aware of it.    I wonder how many other people have heard of it?   

But again,  the point is not worth arguing over,   at least for me it's not.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline aligncare

« Reply #144 on: December 07, 2017, 03:56:12 pm »

I will point out that those governments in the past which rejected these claims as "superstition",  created the most horrific piles of dead human bodies that history has ever seen.   

By an objective standard,   the "superstitious" governments have been far less lethal to their populations than were the "enlightened"  ones.

Atheism as practiced by the state, is deadly. You’re quite right about that.

Individual atheism, well that’s part of American liberty. Free to choose how and what you believe within the spiritual realm.

Silver Pines

« Reply #145 on: December 07, 2017, 03:57:12 pm »

Roy will clear it all up with prose.....

https://www.yahoo.com/music/roy-moore-tried-convince-black-195713407.html

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find the actual poem anywhere.  I bet it's compelling.   *****rollingeyes*****

@edpc

I scrolled down that page with true fear that there would be video.

I’m very relieved there wasn’t any, lol.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #146 on: December 07, 2017, 03:59:37 pm »
I really don't think a lot of discussion is required.  The answer is simple. Because they have been conditioned to do those things by a now very sick society we live in.

And this is another aspect of this topic.    The behavior of individuals is to a large extent confined by their social conditioning.    In a society that conditions men to act chivalrous,   the men will act chivalrous.   In a society that conditions them to act like animals,  they will act like animals.   

Some are taught better,  some are not.   Those that are not are likely to misbehave.   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #147 on: December 07, 2017, 03:59:43 pm »
I scrolled down that page with true fear that there would be video.

I’m very relieved there wasn’t any, lol.

There is somewhere.  The local news has footage from inside the church, but not the actual reading.  I'd like to see that hot mess.

http://m.wsfa.com/wsfa/db_362159/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=ibskwgFl
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 04:02:06 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Silver Pines

« Reply #148 on: December 07, 2017, 04:00:40 pm »

So you were already familiar with the case of the woman who had to take testosterone to treat a medical condition?   What a coincidence that this piece of information had already made it's way to you.   Here I thought it was a chance encounter that even made myself aware of it.    I wonder how many other people have heard of it?   

@DiogenesLamp

You keep saying that but you’re still arguing.

I know you want to think you’re edumacating the wimmen on the great mysteries of the male body, but dude, like I said, it’s not news.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #149 on: December 07, 2017, 04:04:30 pm »

Oh, don't be coy!  You want to argue it.  Let's do it, but it will have to be on another thread.  Don't want to take this one so far off track.