Author Topic: Sorry, Dems: Trump economic train is leaving the station  (Read 456 times)

rangerrebew

Sorry, Dems: Trump economic train is leaving the station
« on: December 06, 2017, 09:56:34 am »
December 6, 2017
Sorry, Dems: Trump economic train is leaving the station
By Joseph Smith

As the Republicans turn to merging the House and Senate tax bills, the Democrats know that the Trump economic train is leaving the station without them.

A new president brimming with economic optimism has produced massive deregulation and a resurgent economy in place of the stifling regulation and economic stagnation of the Obama years.  And that's before any big legislative victories.  The Democrats know that the Republican tax cut bill will add more fuel to the economic engines of the Trump economy.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/12/sorry_dems_trump_economic_train_is_leaving_the_station.html#ixzz50TPScP1i

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
Re: Sorry, Dems: Trump economic train is leaving the station
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 02:05:22 pm »
I hope this is true but I'm skeptical. Ramming the bill through with a thin partisan majority will make it the #1 target of democrats to undo first chance they get. That could make businesses cautious about relying on it in their long-term planning and blunt its economic impact.

And although only a small percentage will be harmed by the bill, those cases will be trotted out by the media at every opportunity to undermine support. They'll also be mercilessly ridiculed for for their failure to deliver any of the promised simplification of the individual tax code...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 02:39:51 pm »
I hope this is true but I'm skeptical. Ramming the bill through with a thin partisan majority will make it the #1 target of democrats to undo first chance they get. That could make businesses cautious about relying on it in their long-term planning and blunt its economic impact.

And although only a small percentage will be harmed by the bill, those cases will be trotted out by the media at every opportunity to undermine support. They'll also be mercilessly ridiculed for for their failure to deliver any of the promised simplification of the individual tax code...

This is what the Democrat always do.  Does this mean we stand still and not move forward?

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 05:43:57 pm »
This is what the Democrat always do.  Does this mean we stand still and not move forward?

No, I'm just afraid the celebration is premature.

Barring even token bipartisan support, I would rather have seen a clean reduction in CIT without the messy tinkering with PIT...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline jpsb

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 05:54:12 pm »