Author Topic: In Ty’s Place  (Read 432 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
In Ty’s Place
« on: December 05, 2017, 04:35:33 pm »
As with many young people, it was the military that had given him this precious gift. It was the Marines that took a young man who struggled in school, struggled to find a direction, and gave him the discipline to achieve his goals.

Ty had started college in Oklahoma but without direction or commitment eventually dropped out. At age 26, “Tyrell was, in many ways, lost,” his mother recalls. He went to a Navy recruitment office, most likely because his grandfather was a Navy veteran, but that office was closed at the moment, so the Marines got him. He told no one he was going to enlist.

His entire military service was overseas — three tours in Iraq.

In November 2007, four and a half years of wrenching worry came to a merciful end when Ty finally came home, honorably discharged as a sergeant. At last she had a chance to get to know her older son again, and it was a bit like getting to know someone new. He was 31 now, focused and grounded.

“I witnessed the man my son had become,” she says. And one of the things he was focused on was getting the college degree that had eluded him in his early 20s. He wanted to come to The University of Texas at Austin and study psychology.

On February 11, 2008, Tyrell was gearing up to do just that when he was killed by a hit-and-run driver in Austin...

http://texasleadermagazine.utexas.edu/in-tys-place/?utm_campaign=VPRD_FY17-18_Newsletter_J2C%20Texas%20Leader_EML&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Eloqua&elqTrackId=70668e662b304af390c3f025916b2349&elq=fe22e33187034a088c3d6f113aad7fcc&elqaid=4616&elqat=1&elqCampaignId=3226

8888crybaby 8888crybaby

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: In Ty’s Place
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 05:07:29 pm »
OMG... 8888crybaby
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 05:23:40 pm »
 8888crybaby
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 06:31:00 pm »
Damn....
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 07:41:37 pm »
Crap. I am glad he got it together in his lifetime, but I wish he had had more of it.

But what his mom is doing is a fitting tribute.  :patriot:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis