Author Topic: Down to Business: 'Ninja Warrior' talks about her new Naperville Ninjas gym  (Read 365 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Down to Business: 'Ninja Warrior' talks about her new Naperville Ninjas gym
Daina Saleh

Business: Ultimate Ninjas

Address: 2012 Corporate Lane, Naperville

Phone/website: 630-381-4040, ultimateninjas.com/naperville

Owners: Jeff and Jacki Piejak

Opening date: Nov. 17. There are also locations in Chicago and Libertyville.

What does this business do? It's a gym that features obstacles for adults and children created by the same builders who do the obstacles featured on the NBC television show, "American Ninja Warrior," said general manager Jesse "Flex" Labreck, who has appeared on the program for two seasons. "Ultimate Ninjas is geared towards kids but once you string three or more obstacles together, it starts to get hard for anybody. And we do have those bigger obstacles that the professional Ninjas want to come in and really get practice on because they are on the show. It is definitely for both. There are so many obstacles that the kids can do and the adults can do too."

How did you get involved in opening this location? "My education is in elementary education. I always knew I wanted to work with kids," Labreck said. "I was teaching for about a year and I found 'American Ninja Warrior,' and because of that I decided to move out of the state of Maine to pursue (it). I (attended) a pro camp last year at the Chicago location and that's how I became connected with Ultimate Ninjas. I had expressed to the owner that I had wanted to open my own gym. From there we started talking more, and instead of starting my own gym he offered me a position at the new Naperville location. And I thought that would be a great way for me to coach, continue to work with kids, and ... also still train for 'American Ninja Warrior' and pursue that dream."

Read more at: http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/naperville-sun/ct-nvs-down-to-business-st-1203-20171201-story.html

Ninja Warrior gyms are springing up all over. I do enjoy that TV show.

Crossfit is popular but it's also rather punishing. A good trend, there is even a kickboxing chain of excercise gyms out now, they are called "Round Nine". Then, there are rock climbing gyms now too, like "Vertical Horizons".

http://www.ninjawarriorgyms.com/gyms.html This is a directory but it is not up-to-date, I saw some gyms missing.