Author Topic: More Winning: Tax Bill Advances American Energy Independence, Gives Access to Arctic’s Rich Oil Rese  (Read 1544 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Breitbart by  Penny Starr 12/2/2017

The Republican tax legislation making its way through Congress could offer more than just tax cuts for Americans if one portion of the bill survives reconciliation in the House. Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) introduced a provision to allow oil exploration and production in a small portion of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.

The bill, if it becomes law, would require at least two lease sales in 2,000 areas of a 1.5-million acre portion of the 19.6 million acres refuge, known as the 1002 area.

“This small package offers a tremendous opportunity for Alaska, for the Gulf Coast, and for all of our nation,” Murkowski said ahead of the vote. “We have authorized responsible energy development in the 1002 area.”

more: http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/12/02/more-winning-tax-bill-advances-american-energy-independence-gives-access-to-arctics-rich-oil-reserves/

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

A tiny area has almost zero footprint yet brings the potential for years of oil production, jobs and added tax revenues.

There is virtually no reason not to do this.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline jpsb

A tiny area has almost zero footprint yet brings the potential for years of oil production, jobs and added tax revenues.

There is virtually no reason not to do this.

As long as there are no roads built I agree.

As long as there are no roads built I agree.
Why is a road bad?  What good is a place if there is no way to get into it?

Are you seeking zero footprint?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline jpsb

Why is a road bad?  What good is a place if there is no way to get into it?

Are you seeking zero footprint?

Yes, build an ice road that melts in the summer. If you build a road people besides oil hands
will use it. And the place will not stay wild. There have been studies, once a road is built people
will come and settle the area. Ice roads are the solution in the Arctic, no permanent finger print.

Yes, build an ice road that melts in the summer. If you build a road people besides oil hands
will use it. And the place will not stay wild. There have been studies, once a road is built people
will come and settle the area.
Ice roads are the solution in the Arctic, no permanent finger print.
Ok, how many settlements have been made say, in the Yellowstone Park since the Park service began building more roads so people can see that natural wonder? @jpsb

So you are advocating only the dead of winter when there is no sun for people to be able to view this arctic wilderness?

What is wrong with this picture?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 10:54:16 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »

Offline thackney

will come and settle the area. Ice roads are the solution in the Arctic, no permanent finger print.

So in the multiple decades of roads built on the Alaskan North Slope just to the west of this area, has there been a increase of Settlement in that area?

Let me start with a hint, it is controlled access.  You cannot just drive up there and visit.  If you are not already permitted for work approved by the State of Alaska, you don't get past the checkpoint.

You believe connections past this point and into the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge would be different?

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

So in the multiple decades of roads built on the Alaskan North Slope just to the west of this area, has there been a increase of Settlement in that area?

Let me start with a hint, it is controlled access.  You cannot just drive up there and visit.  If you are not already permitted for work approved by the State of Alaska, you don't get past the checkpoint.

You believe connections past this point and into the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge would be different?

obviously a liberal groveling at the talking points is all and has no idea oF what he is talking about. @jpsb

You are spot on.

I spent three years working what was formerly the California Naval Oil Reserve and was never allowed on without passing through a security checkpoint.

Hilarious that some guy decides he knows something about things like this, isn't it?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I see this as a Murkowski vote buy, too, even though I agree with the idea. Production is down in AK, and not only would more North Slope oil help fill the pipeline, it means bigger resource checks for Alaskans.

http://usbig.net/alaskablog/about-the-alaska-dividend/
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 10:07:39 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis