Author Topic: I Stopped Eating After 7 PM Every Night For A Month, And Here's What Happened  (Read 927 times)

rangerrebew

I Stopped Eating After 7 PM Every Night For A Month, And Here's What Happened
By Judy Koutsky April 7, 2017

Like most women, I'm a night nibbler. I'm good all day and then my hunger demons (and emotional eating) come out in the evenings. So I decided to try and stop eating two hours before bed for a whole month to see what would happen. The challenge, for me, is my early bedtime: I’m up at 5:30 or 6 every morning, which means I’m usually in bed by 9 PM. That means I'd need to stop eating by 7 o'clock—not so easy, but I was determined. (You can lose weight while still eating the foods you love. Start dropping pounds with The Fat Cell Solution.)

Here's what happened during my month-long challenge to stop eating in the hours just before bedtime:

https://www.prevention.com/food/stop-eating-at-night

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
This thread sponsored by Taboola: The internet firm at the forefront of 'click-bait'
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Then I tried this one weird trick...
The Republic is lost.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Prevention as a magazine isn't bad, I once was free to read a subscription to it. But the website itself has some raunchy stuff for some reason, they have expanded on. Female masturbation honestly, and things like that.

Prevention was first published in 1950 apparently, by the Rodale publishers, publishers of Runner's world, bicycling magazine and others health oriented magazines but as I already said, I don't appreciate their internet take. One can always see their magazine for sale in the grocery line.  It certainly doesn't mean all the publish is bad and I doubt that stuff is in the digest-sized magazines at stores.

Offline Applewood

Prevention disappeared around here.  Found a copy last week at an airport in Tampa.  Hadn't seen the magazine in years. 

I credit the magazine with helping me with my IBS years ago. In those days, doctors recommended a bland diet for every digestive ailment.   Bland did nothing for ne.    Prevention touted a high fiber diet and while such a diet seemed counterintuitive, I was desperate and gave it a try.  It worked.   Today I believe the high fiber diet has replaced the bland diet when it comes to conventional medical treatment of many digestive issues.   

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
She doesn't say what happened, just that she and her family quit eating after 7:00. 

Offline Applewood

Since I became an old bag, I find if I don't eat heavily before bedtime, I sleep better.  And when I retired, I switched my main meal from dinner to lunch.  Honestly, I believe doing so helped with my weight loss.  More likely to burn up the larger meal if eaten earlier in the day when I'm more active, than at night when I'm winding down.

Offline Frank Cannon