Author Topic: Rule by one man: Judge declares sanctuary cities law of the land  (Read 679 times)

rangerrebew

Rule by one man: Judge declares sanctuary cities law of the land
« on: December 03, 2017, 11:51:26 am »
Rule by one man: Judge declares sanctuary cities law of the land
At some point, this is the fault of the other two branches, not the judiciary.
Posted November 21, 2017 03:05 PM by Daniel Horowitz

Isn’t it interesting how whenever a state wants to uphold federal immigration laws, federal judges say they are preempted by the federal government from enforcing the law? Yet, whenever neo-confederate sanctuaries nullify immigration law, it is not only upheld, but the courts say the federal government is powerless to enforce the law of national sovereignty.

Amidst a slew of liberal judges imposing nationwide preliminary injunctions on DOJ’s policy of curtailing federal law enforcement grants to sanctuary cities, a San Francisco judge has now implemented a permanent block. Judge William H. Orrick issued a preliminary injunction back in April based on Trump’s political statements with no valid standing from the jurisdictions in question. 

https://www.conservativereview.com/articles/rule-by-one-man-judge-declares-sanctuary-cities-law-of-the-land

Offline RetBobbyMI

Re: Rule by one man: Judge declares sanctuary cities law of the land
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 02:40:57 pm »
Well then...time for Congress to step up and start impeaching. Even if they don’t convict in the Senate, just being impeached and the trial will put them on notice. AND, they won’t be able to act on their lunacy while the proceedings are going on.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline jpsb

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 02:54:12 pm »
Well then...time for Congress to step up and start impeaching. Even if they don’t convict in the Senate, just being impeached and the trial will put them on notice. AND, they won’t be able to act on their lunacy while the proceedings are going on.
That is really the only solution. Jeff Sessions needs to request a few of these black roped
tyrants be impeached.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 02:59:05 pm »
That is really the only solution. Jeff Sessions needs to request a few of these black roped
tyrants be impeached.
That would require Paul Ryan to get off his duff. He and McTurtle don’t have the political fortitude to stand for anything.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline endicom

Offline jpsb

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2017, 03:37:29 pm »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2017, 04:07:11 pm »
I also want to know why that when a ruling comes down that liberals don't like, it only applies to that jurisdiction, but when it's in their favor it applies to the whole country.
The Republic is lost.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2017, 06:01:10 pm »
I also want to know why that when a ruling comes down that liberals don't like, it only applies to that jurisdiction, but when it's in their favor it applies to the whole country.
Because they scream louder than the passive GOPe who silently provide support.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2017, 06:04:40 pm »

Thank you!  I have been preaching that sermon myself for quite some time now!

Note to Members of the U.S. House of Represenatives:  Do your damned jobs and don't worry about what the Senate may or may not do afterwards!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2017, 08:44:19 am »
Thank you!  I have been preaching that sermon myself for quite some time now!

Note to Members of the U.S. House of Represenatives:  Do your damned jobs and don't worry about what the Senate may or may not do afterwards!

(Im)-plausible Deniability.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com