Author Topic: Google is officially 100% sun and wind powered – 3.0 gigawatts worth  (Read 1078 times)

Offline Suppressed

Google is officially 100% sun and wind powered – 3.0 gigawatts worth
John Fitzgerald Weaver - Nov. 30th 2017 8:17 pm ET
https://electrek.co/2017/11/30/google-is-officially-100-sun-and-wind-powered-3-0-gigawatts-worth/

Google is officially off-setting 100% of its energy usage with either wind or solar power. The company signed contracts on three wind power plants in recent days to bring them over 3GW of production capacity.

Google’s energy infrastructure investments have totaled over $3.5 billion globally, with about two-thirds being in the US.

[...]

Citing a cost decrease of 60%-80% in wind and solar as the driving factor, Google has been investing heavily in renewables. They first signed an agreement in 2010 to purchase all of the production per year from a 114MW wind farm in Iowa. As of November of 2016, they’d participated in 20 renewable energy projects. [...]
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

As the first sentence says, it's offsets.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Frank Cannon

I've offset my serial killing sprees by funding an anti abortion group.

Offline dfwgator

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Having 'offsets' to buy up renewables to compensate for the sins of using non-renewables is nothing more than a typical lib syndrome. One can waste as much as one wants, use whatever one wants, but if one can 'purchase' offsets, all is forgiven.

A great Wizard of Oz behind the screen manipulation.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Oceander

Oceander

That'd make a good avatar image.

Yup, it does!