Author Topic: The US is Accidentally Empowering Iran  (Read 332 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The US is Accidentally Empowering Iran
« on: December 01, 2017, 05:41:52 am »
This is slanted analysis and I can't find the author except it is "syndicate news"

The US is Accidentally Empowering Iran

The United States is doing more to help than prevent Iran's rise
    For its tough talk, the U.S.' policies have left vaccums for Iran to fill
    In Iraq and Syria, Iranian influence grows while U.S. soft power fades
    The U.S. is also aiding Saudi in its Forever War in Yemen, costing both countries while benefitting Iran

For all the tough talk against Iran, the United States is accidentally but aggressively pursuing a policy of empowering the country it has branded the ‘biggest state sponsor of terror’ in the world.

During his speech at the United Nations in September, Trump lambasted Iran’s aggression in the Middle East: “Iran's government must stop supporting terrorists, begin serving its own people, and respect the sovereign rights of its neighbors.”

At the same time, Trump has relinquished any semblance of control over Iraq, given up on Syria, and is helping Saudi to hopelessly entangle its economy and military in a failed proxy war in Yemen. All of these have given Iran precious opportunities to capture what the United States leaves behind and grow its regional influence.

Read more at: https://www.albawaba.com/news/original-the-us-is-accidentally-empowering-iran-1055200

Offline Suppressed

Re: The US is Accidentally Empowering Iran
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 05:44:10 am »
Captain Obvious wrote this, I think.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn