Poll

Will the Tax Reform Bill pass in

Author Topic: Will the Tax Reform Bill pass in  (Read 3252 times)

Online corbe

Will the Tax Reform Bill pass in
« on: December 01, 2017, 01:51:38 am »
    What say you, Briefers?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Will the Tax Reform Bill pass in
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 01:55:33 am »
It will pass in December. 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 02:11:38 am »
December ... hopefully this will kick off 2018 for the better.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 03:20:50 pm »
December ... hopefully this will kick off 2018 for the better.

Except no one really knows for sure what's in it.  I keep hearing the usual Democrats --" it will hurt the middle class" line and the Republicans -- "it will benefit the middle/working class" line -- but this is going to be another one of those "we have to pass it to know what's in it" things before we know who is right.  I truly resent our elected representatives assuming they know what's best for us and thinking we would be too stupid to understand the legislation.  Whatever happened to all those pledges of transparency? 

The way I figure -- whatever slapdash piece of karp legislation they pass -- someone will get hurt by it and it will only make a terrible system worse.  Trump and the Republicans need a win. so they will pass and sign anything, call it "tax reform" and pat themselves on the back, declaring they kept their promise to the voters. 

Sorry, but I don't have the optimism you have.  I've been lied to one too many times.

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2017, 04:45:48 pm »
Something will pass in December, but it won’t be reform in any sense of the word. 

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2017, 04:49:42 pm »
Something will pass in December, but it won’t be reform in any sense of the word.

DAYUM!!!  I agree with @Oceander!  Somebody take a picture quick!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2017, 11:33:22 am »
DAYUM!!!  I agree with @Oceander!  Somebody take a picture quick!

A picture. Just hit flush and turn the light out when you leave.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley