Author Topic: Can mega-boastful North Korea really nuke D.C.? Here's what experts say.  (Read 494 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Can mega-boastful North Korea really nuke D.C.? Here's what experts say.

SEOUL — North Korea declared Wednesday it achieved its goal of developing a nuclear-tipped missile that could strike the "whole mainland of the U.S." Yet some analysts called that boast premature.

The isolated regime run by Kim Jong Un based its claim on a test of an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) that appeared capable of reaching 8,100 miles — the longest distance the North has achieved during years of development. That puts Washington D.C. — about 6,800 miles away — well within range.

Still, analysis said the missile would require many more tests to become accurate and reliable. Plus they doubted North Korea had mastered the complex technology required to arm a long-range missile with a nuclear warhead.

Read more at: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2017/11/29/analysts-north-korea-nuclear-program/904293001/

Offline thackney

Re: Can mega-boastful North Korea really nuke D.C.? Here's what experts say.
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 05:55:00 pm »
...appeared capable of reaching 8,100 miles...

That is nearly the whole world except for South America, a few hundred miles of South Africa and parts of Antarctica.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Re: Can mega-boastful North Korea really nuke D.C.? Here's what experts say.
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 06:39:06 pm »
Can mega-boastful North Korea really nuke D.C.

If they can I don't really see a down side if they took out the swamp lock stock and barrel.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."