Author Topic: Why Democrats are to blame for consumer agency debacle  (Read 733 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Why Democrats are to blame for consumer agency debacle
« on: November 28, 2017, 01:20:52 pm »
Why Democrats are to blame for consumer agency debacle
Politico, Nov 27, 2017, LORRAINE WOELLERT

<snip>

The matter ended up in the courtroom of U.S. District Judge and Trump appointee Timothy Kelly late Monday, with English contesting Mulvaney’s right to start running the agency. That was after Mulvaney showed up Monday morning, boxes of treats in hand — doughnut diplomacy — and took over Cordray’s vacated office. The two sent dueling memos to the staff claiming control.

But while the process plays out in court, the turmoil highlights how Democrats shunned Republican efforts to broaden the governance of the fledgling agency from a single appointed director to a bipartisan commission that would have included members with diverse political viewpoints.

The CFPB, a brainchild of liberal Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren, was created by the landmark Dodd-Frank Act as an independent agency run by a presidential appointee with vast unilateral power — and now the president making the appointment is Trump.

More: https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/27/democrats-consumer-agency-debacle-192360

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Why Democrats are to blame for consumer agency debacle
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 02:16:08 pm »
The CFPB, a brainchild of liberal Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren,...

And is patently unconstitutional on it's face!  The entire Dodd-Frank Cluster %*#$ needs repealing ASAP!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien