Author Topic: Thai cadet’s death, organ removal spark debate on military’s hazing culture  (Read 561 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Thai cadet’s death, organ removal spark debate on military’s hazing culture
By Daniel Maxwell | 28th November 2017 | @garodonnell

The military's official explanation is that Pakapong died from heart failure. Source: Supicha Tanyakan/Facebook

THE suspicious death of teenage army cadet Pakapong Tanyakan at the Armed Forces Academies Preparatory School (AFAPS) in Nakhon Nayok, Thailand, has ignited debate about the culture of punishment, beating and hazing at military training institutions.

Pakapong’s case made national headlines after it was revealed the military had returned the young man’s corpse to his parents with the brain, heart and stomach missing.

The family, who was not informed that the vital organs had been removed, only discovered they were missing when they took his body for an independent autopsy.

Read more at: https://asiancorrespondent.com/2017/11/pakapong-death-organ-thai-hazing-military/

Offline Frank Cannon

the military had returned the young man’s corpse to his parents with the brain, heart and stomach missing.

This is why I have given up Thai food.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Pakapong’s case made national headlines after it was revealed the military had returned the young man’s corpse to his parents with the brain, heart and stomach missing.

So, no brain, heart, or guts?  I'd immediately suspect this trio......

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline RoosGirl

So, no brain, heart, or guts?  I'd immediately suspect this trio......

LOL  888high58888