Author Topic: 'She cannot recover' Merkel faces 'imminent demise' as her party scrambles for new leader  (Read 576 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

'She cannot recover' Merkel faces 'imminent demise' as her party scrambles for new leader
UK Express, Nov 26, 2017, Oli Smith

However, according to the bomshell interview, the German leader faces an "imminent demise" amid reports that her party is scrambling to find a "new voice for the country".

Mrs Merkel is desperately trying to cling to power by tying up a grand coalition deal with the Social Democrats - but so far a deal has eluded her.

Jenny Hill told the BBC's The World This Week: "This is her twilight. For Merkel, this is the beginning of the end. "That feeling has grown since the failure of the coalition talks. It was there during the refugee crisis when some questioned her leadership.

"It was certainly there during the election when she pulled in a poor result for her party, but it’s at its highest right now.

"This really is going to be the end of things for her. She has been weakened by the election and her party is being torn apart by infighting."

More: https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/884535/Angela-Merkel-demise-coalition-failure-Germany-EU-elections

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I suspect Merkel will cling to power...but she will be very weak. 

It will be interesting to learn what the Social Democrats will be given in return for agreeing to Merkel's "grand coalition".

Offline Frank Cannon

She's not going anywhere. If you think she is bad, just look at the human debris running the other parties there. They are ten times worse.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
She's not going anywhere. If you think she is bad, just look at the human debris running the other parties there. They are ten times worse.

The need an Adolf 2.0 type to snap them out of their malaise.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Merkel faces 'imminent demise' as her party scrambles for new leader"

Her "demise" can't come soon enough, considering what she did to Germany!

Offline Frank Cannon

The need an Adolf 2.0 type to snap them out of their malaise.

LOL. That should do the trick.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."